Performance

After what went down in the last month or so, I find this song very calming, and I have never loved them so much before.

Dick's POV

Sweat dripped down his back as Dick gritted his teeth and flung himself forward again, he grabbed onto the opposite bar safely and swung to the other side. Down below was a straight 40 feet drop, without a safety net to protect him if he was to lose his focus and miss the bar.

Dick was not feeling whelmed that day, he felt sick, which was wrong considering that he should be feeling free and at home in the air, on the trapeze, at the place where he grew up-the Haly Circus. But unfortunately the freaky flu he caught a few days ago made him weak. As he was performing, he could hear Jack Haly, the old ringmaster introducing him and his teammates.

Oh, that's right, he's here with his team. On another undercover mission.

"...The Daring Dangers!" The RingMaster was saying. And Dick followed along with the introduction.

"Dan Danger!" That's me, Dick thought.

"Dawn Danger!" Miss M, Robin gritted his teeth as he swung again and did a flip in mid-air, just as Megan swung past him on the opposing bar.

"Dane Danger and Dean Danger!" Artemis and Roy, his ears buzzed. The two archers fired their fancy white performance arrows into the air at the same time a barrel was thrown into the air by a boy with black hair and blue eyes.

"Dean Danger!" SB, Dick thought again, his grip on the bar suddenly slipped a little and his heart almost stopped.

'Careful, Boy Wonder, keep your mind focused on the task at hand.' A familiar voice said in his mind and he forced a smile.

'I know, Girl Wonder, I'm a specialist at this.' He reassured the girl, who was 40 feet below and only a dashing black spot from his view up above.

The girl didn't say anything back through the mind link, probably rolling her eyes at him.

"...And finally, Demi Danger!" Jack finished with a booming voice, introducing the girl with the beautiful sea-green colored eyes- Percy Jackson, who was riding a beautiful pure black horse around the ring, doing stunts on the horse's back.

'Ugh, hate that name. It sounded so much less dramatic.' Percy commented through the mind link.

'Well, there's no other choice,' Artemis said, 'It's either that or Dora, which you said you would never choose even if it kills you-'

'And I still won't choose that name even if it kills me, thank you very much.' Percy cut in, sounding frustrated.

'Well, there you go.'

Dick was breathing hard at this point. The flu was taking too much of a tow on him. But he had to perform, he flung himself free from his bar and reached for Megan's outstretched hand on the other side. He can't stop now or he will fall to his death...just like-

His heart plunged. Just seconds before it happened, Dick realized that he had not used enough force to launch himself and he would not be reached by Megan. He began to free fall as the crowd screamed in horror below him.

'Robin!' Megan and Percy screamed at the same time.

'Don't blow our cover!' Dick warned immediately, as he saw the ground below getting nearer and nearer.

'But saving your life's okay?' SB asked, throwing up a barrel at him as hard as he could.

The barrel slammed into Dick at full force and made him grunt, but nonetheless, it brought him up the point and he tried to reach for Megan's hand again.