Away Mission

Dick's POV

Dick groaned and shifted a little in his sleep. There was a constant buzzing sound echoing in the room, and it was starting to annoy him.

"Dick...turn it off..." Percy complained, burying her raven head in his bare chest.

With one hand on her bare waist, making sure the girl laying on top of him doesn't fall off, Dick reached out with his other, feeling all around him for the buzzing source. Finally, his fingers closed around the box-like object laying randomly in an array of clothing. Peeking open one eye, Dick glanced at the blinding screen, then groaned and threw aside his phone again.

Percy shifted slightly, an arm draped around his neck. "What is it?" She mumbled.

"Nothing, Love, just an alarm," Dick responded, kissing her head and hugging her close to him.

"What time is it?" asked the girl, now sounding slightly awake.

"Uh, 10:50?"

Instantly, Percy's figure froze, the next second she sprang up and then instantly winced in pain and dropped back against the man's chest. "Ah, dam it, Dick..." She complained, a hand on her lower back.

Dick, now totally awake, smirked at the girl's reaction. His hand slid down her bare back and began massaging her waist. "My bad," he said with zero regrets. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

With the light streaming in from the cracks in the curtain, Dick could see the pouty face of his now-fiancee. "I'm still a college student, Dick." She said, slowly getting up and pulling herself free from him, and grabbing a thin bed sheet from the side to cover her naked form. "I was going to report back for class today, after missing out for two days straight..." She winced again as she stood, leaning on the wall for support, and gave Dick another annoyed look. "Also, seriously?"

"What?" Dick asked innocently, propping his head up with one arm to look at her. "I was just treating my queen right."

It was hard to tell in the dark room, but Dick was sure Percy was blushing. She didn't say anything but continued to stare Dick down. So the young man decided to tease his fiancee. "Careful, soon-to-be-Mrs. Grayson, before I do something that would cause you to miss out a third day-"

Instantly the girl moved, running into the bathroom as fast as her sore legs would let her, and slammed the door shut. Dick burst out laughing at the girl's response and sat up in bed.

His smile did not fade until he heard the distinct sound of the showers being turned on. Then he stood slowly and put on a pair of pants before picking up his phone again off the floor and calling up the number he had previously hung up on. "Hey, Barbra," He greeted. "Sorry, I couldn't answer your call just now."

The red-headed woman's voice sounded through the device. "I understand. First, I think a congratulation is in order. I heard about the proposal from Oliver, who heard it from Will. Oh, and I believe Bruce is about to text you in the next hour or so for a family dinner celebration."

As if on cue, there came a notification notice on Dick's phone from Bruce. Dick suppressed a smile. "Thanks, Babs. After years of waiting, I finally got the girl."

"And second, don't you think now that you've decided to spend the rest of your life with the said girl, that you should probably tell her about Batman's op-"

"No," Dick responded immediately, expression serious.

"But-"

"Barbra, we've been through this. Percy had gone through enough difficulties. Telling her about our secret op, causing her more worries...I can't do it"