Private Security

Percy's POV

After last night's strange ordeal, Percy was out cold when her head hit the soft pillow. She wasn't sure when Dick joined her in bed or when he left in the morning. In all honesty, she would have kept on sleeping if it weren't for the obnoxious ringing by her bedside. Percy groaned and reached out a hand, fumbling until she touched the ringing object.

"Hello?" She mumbled, still half asleep.

"Hey, Percy," Jeff's voice came out from the other end. "Sorry, didn't mean to wake you."

"No, no, it's fine," Percy said, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "What's up?"

"Do you know where your boyfriend might be? He's not answering my call."

"Sure, he's right ne-" She looked to her side, noticing for the first time that Dick was not in bed anymore. Quickly, she got out of bed and opened the bedroom door. The boy was not down the hall either.

"Percy?" Jeff asked, confused.

Percy bit the inside of her cheek. "Hang on," She told Jeff and went back into the bedroom. Dick's half of the bed was entirely empty, phone gone, keys gone, and no note left behind. "I take back what I said, Jeff, I don't know where my stupid boyfriend is. He didn't even leave a note for me." She sighed, silently making a mental note to beat up Dick later.

Jeff groaned on the other end. "Typical Grayson," he said. "Fine, I'll call you if we got any news. But if you heard from him, tell him that I had put Dr. Jace up at Luthor Grande...and now I'm taking her to brunch, and that I'm running out of ideas on what to do with her."

"Got it," Percy said. "Now if you would excuse me, I have a stray boyfriend I need to track down." And she hangs up the phone. Immediately a notification popped up on her screen, not a text from Dick, but a reminder. Seeing it, Percy cursed.

Shoot, she had completely forgotten today is the day! Quickly she dashed towards the bathroom in an attempt to freshen up, putting her phone on speaker, she dialed Artemis's number. The blonde woman picked up not a moment later.

"Hey," Artemis greeted. "Are you almost there?"

"Sorry," Percy said, struggling to put on a t-shirt. "I overslept and Dick left this morning without waking me up."

"Ah, so you don't know where he is either?"

"If I do, he would be dead meat right now," Percy said through gritted teeth, combing through her matted hair in an attempt to smooth it out and braid it. "We didn't even get to talk at all about what happened last night. I mean, the way he just decided to leave Jace, Halo, and Brion behind and move on... I-it just doesn't seem like him!"

"Well, thank God it all worked out in the end. Brion is with Connor and Megan, and Will and I had Halo," Artemis said. "By the way, I'm bringing Halo along to the meeting. Hopefully, Dr. Fate can give us some insight on...well, her....Are you sure you're going to make it today? I'm sure Zee would understand if-"

"No, no, I can make it just fine," Percy said, finally finishing tying up her hair. "I'll just use my powers and meet you there."

"Are you sure you won't mess up?" Artemis questioned. "I know you spend some time practicing it with your demigod cousin, but the news of you somehow ending up in Korea during that one mishap still scared many people."

The corner of Percy's lips twitched. "That was a one-time thing," She insisted. "I was in a rush, didn't think about my destination correctly, and messed up. Relax, I'm better now! Last night I used my powers without a problem and nothing bad happened!"

"Who was the one that ended up in Korea and passed out upon arrival, couldn't even give us a call, had us all worried sick (Dick almost went rogue), made us travel halfway around the globe just to get your unconscious butt out from inside a trash can-"