School Day

Percy's POV

Percy held back a laugh as she sneaked into Dick's room. It's always fun to wake up the sleeping bird, even if she had to sacrifice her own precious sleep time. Like Percy's room, Dick's was decorated just as he liked, with circus-themed items all around the room. In the middle of the room was a queen-size bed and from Percy's position by the door, she could see a thin figure laying on the bed snoring lightly.

The daughter of Poseidon quietly sneaked up to the bed and with a sudden force, she jumped on top of the sleeping bird and yelled in his ears. "WAKE UP DICKY-BIRD! IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!" Percy began jumping up and down on the large bed, doing her best to shake awake her best friend.

Dick groaned and buried his head down on his pillow. "Why are you up so early?... Usually, you are the one sleeping in no matter what...and why are you excited?..."

"Because," Percy said, finally plopping down on the bed beside the still drowsy acrobat. "I get to see all my friends again! Besides," She flipped over to face Dick. "Don't you miss the days of finding excuses to go out and fight crime and wearing hideous uniforms?"

Dick snorted. "Birdy, I think that's only you." He glanced at the clock on his nightstand. It's only 6:02, school doesn't start until 8:00.

"Dang it, Princess, we still got 28 minutes until the time to wake up, why?" He held out his arm to pull the girl down just as she was about to jump on the bed again.

"Dick!" Percy complained, trying to push the arm off of her only to fail as the sleepy bird basically trapped her within his embrace. "Let me out!"

"No, you ruined my sleep," Dick said mockingly.

"Did you seriously forget that today Artemis starts school with us too?" Percy asked, desperately bringing out the one thing she knew would definitely awake the boy. "Didn't you say that you want to prank on her or something?"

A smile crept onto Dick's face as he finally opened his eyes, fully awake. Percy grinned back knowing she had pushed the right button.

...

Dick's POV

Dick was not very happy to be back at school. Sure, he's got some good friends here at Gotham Academy and he is eager to see them again but he is worried about Percy. She had definitely gotten a lot prettier over the summer. Dick is afraid now every guy at school is gonna have their eyes on Percy. Percy on the other hand is just jumping with excitement. She kept greeting and waving at people like this is her first time at Gotham Academy.

"Alright, Birdy," Dick said, putting a hand on the demigod's shoulder calming her down. "I think that's enough greeting for a while now-"

Percy slammed a hand over his mouth shutting him up. Dick looked at her with a confused look. Percy didn't see it, instead, her eyes were shining and a sly smile could be seen on her pretty face.

"Look over there," She said to Dick. He followed her gaze to see Artemis, their teammate with her back towards them, tugging uncomfortably at her new uniform and talking to Bette, the student liaison. "Wanna go and 'surprise' her?"

Dick nodded and Percy retrieved her hand from Dick's lips. He took out his phone and waved it at Percy who gave him a thumbs-up in return. Together they sneaked up upon Artemis and with each by the girl's side they snapped a pick. "We'll laugh about this someday..." Dick said jokingly.

Using the time of confusion, Percy and Dick quickly left the scene and ran away.

"What are you two geeks doing?" A voice asked.