Four Kisses

Percy's POV

"Percy."

"Percy!"

"Princess! Come on, stop ignoring me!" Dick whined as he chased after the dark-haired girl, determined to make the girl talk to him. "You haven't spoken a word to me this entire morning, what's wrong? Let me help!"

Percy stopped dead in her track in front of her locker and Dick almost crashed into her.

"Di, I told you I don't want to talk about it," Percy said weakly, opening her locker and put away her books. Dick's shocking blue eyes showed hurt.

"But-"

"I'll tell you when I'm ready..." Percy promised. "It's just...the things that had happened when I'm away...Nevermind." Dick signed and nodded. He reached up and took the strand of grey hair within his fingers and studied it with an unreadable expression.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just I can't bear to see you hurt...You're my best friend, we've been together forever. Just know that I'll always be here for you, k?"

Percy smiled and nodded. The bell rang, signaling for the students to head to their next class.

"I'll see you later at the Cafeteria," Dick said, grabbing his book. "Remember Alfred's taking us home early today so we could get ready for the prom tonight." His cheeks tinted ever so slightly. "And you better not be late, cause I'm your date tonight." He gave Percy a hug and ran down the hall to his class.

Percy couldn't help at the blush creeping up her face. Right, the prom thing is tonight. And she has got to be the luckiest girl in the entire school to have her best friend as her date.

"What are you looking at? Aren't you supposed to be getting to class now?" A voice behind her spoke, startling Percy so much she almost dropped the book she was holding.

"Would you stop doing that?" She asked weakly, a hand over her heart, and turned to see Andy.

Andy smiled cheekily. "Never. It's way too fun." She looked down the hallway towards the direction of where Percy was staring a moment ago and tried to distinguish what her friend was looking at.

"Hmmm, let me guess," She said with a detective look on her face. "Wait! I know the answer." She straightened and with the widest grin Percy has ever seen on her friend's face, she turned and face the girl in question.

"There's only one person in this entire school who could make THE Percy Jackson smile like that. And that would be the one, the only Dick Grayson!" Percy covered her blush by turning away and not facing Andy and walked straight towards the direction of her own class.

She felt Andy catching up to her as she walked. "Oh, come on, Perse," Andy cooed. "Everyone knew your undying love for Dick and vise versa. It's high time you two get together."

Percy appreciated her friend's effort. "I don't know about the 'he likes me' fact, but you're right, it's about time I come to terms with my feelings." Andy cheered, earning several curious glances from students passing by.

"There's no better time to do it than tonight." She said excitedly. "And you two are going together, which is ten times better, you two are finally coming clean!"

Somehow that last phrase wiped the smile off of Percy's face and she felt silent, Andy was too busy fangirling to notice. Percy knew that there are certain things, many to be counted, she could not come clean about, all of them being her quest. Dick didn't have to worry about it, nor will he ever will. This is a burden she will have to carry for the rest of her life.