Happy New Year

Dick's POV

Three years of happy dating life with the girl of his dreams. Dick thought he was the happiest boy in the entire world, he was set for life. Then one morning he woke up and found his girl missing, vanished without a trace, leaving behind a single note for him and his family to remember her by.

gods know how he reacted when she went missing that fateful morning. Dick almost tore down the entire Wayne Maynor looking for her.

Percy...she promised in the note that she would be back as soon as the situation at Camp Half-Blood had been sorted out.

It was not the first time she had done something like this, what got Dick so worried was that Percy had not been the same since her last trip to Camp when they were both 15 years old. Her entire persona seemed to have taken a heavy hit when she returned, her eyes held no light for days, only force smiled when he tried to make her laugh. Dick couldn't bring himself to ask her what had happened, every time he tried, Percy just shut down and refused to answer, the only thing he could do was just be there, supporting her. When he couldn't find her that morning, he was hit by the sudden fear that he may never see her again.

Now two years had gone by and still, she had not returned. Every day he woke up hoping that she would show up only to be disappointed day after day. A lot has happened during those two years of Percy's absence: Conner and Megan broke up; Tula, the girl whom Kaldur loved, died while on a mission with the Team, which resulted in Aqualad taking a break and went back to Atlantis; Rocket and Zatanna took up the offer and became Justice League members; Wally and Artemis had decided to quit and leave the hero business behind to settle down and live a normal life.

The Team that the four original 'sidekicks' had started five years ago, had completely changed from head to toe. Two quite the game, one disappeared, and one...one took up the burden and became the leader.

Dick closed his eyes and breathed out a heavy sigh, he had never felt so alone. Percy, where are you? I know you won't abandon everyone just like that, come back...

The lie Batman and he had been keeping up to everyone is slowly crumbling. The public is no longer satisfied that Tidal-Wing is simply taking a break, they believe that she had died, and where had Persephone Jackson gone to? Boarding school in another country? None of Dick's friends at Gotham Academy seemed to buy it, they know how close the two are.

In a blink of an eye, Dick had graduated the Academy alone, his classmates had all gone their separate ways. In a way, he was relieved that he doesn't have to endure their endless questioning anymore, but then he was also reminded that he now lost another thing he and Percy were connected to.

"Delta Squad to Cave, Target has been successfully neutralized." A voice in his earpiece broke him out of his trance. Dick found himself in Mount. Justice, in front of the main holographic computer. He closed his eyes again and adjusted his breathing. He had a job to do.

"Good work, Delta," He said into his comm, his voice full of power and authority, void of any emotion. "Come on home...Nightwing out."

Yes, he's no longer Robin anymore. The title of Boy Wonder now belongs to the new addition of the Batfamily, Tim Drake, after the previous Robin had unfortunately passed away during a night out with Batman. Dick had become Nightwing, a tribute to his missing lover, Tidal-Wing. And not just his name had changed, his whole persona had changed as well. The carefree boy who specializes in hand-to-hand combat had now grown into a calm and collected man who dealt criminals with Escrima Sticks.

Dick glanced down at the holographic screen in front of him and reached his hand into his belt, pulling out a slightly wrinkled piece of paper that he had read over a thousand times along with a small photo that showed a beautiful young girl with vibrant ocean-green eyes kissing a young boy who was grinning widely at the camera. He smiled at the girl in the picture, then look up at the holo-screen again. The screen held so much information, yet none of them can help him. He had tried to contact Camp Half-Blood, no response came back and Dick is slowly losing hope.