The Runaways

Dick's POV

He knew he had promised to tell the Team, but somehow whenever he made up his mind to do it, something always got in the way.

"Oh, for the love of-" He groaned, sitting up in his seat and pressing his comm.

"Nightwing here," he muttered tiredly.

"Hey," Captain Atom greeted, not sounding pleased at all. "Was just wondering where you are. Thought it was your shift up at the Watchtower right now. Where are you?"

Dick felt like hitting himself upside the head. He had totally forgotten about that, these days his mind is all over the place. "Ah, sorry about that, Captain," he apologized. "I'm at the Bat Cave for the moment, I'll be up there in a sec."

"Good, see you soon."

Nightwing leaned back in his seat and groaned loudly. His frustration caught the attention of a teen seated not far from him. Tim swirled around in his seat by the Bat computer to look at his brother. "Something wrong?" the young Robin asked.

"Yeah," Dick answered, standing up. "I forgot about my shift up at the Watchtower, Captain called, he wants me up there."

Tim turned back to his computer and then back at him again. "I can handle things from here, you are needed, go."

"You sure you can handle all these files without my help?" Dick asked, he didn't mean to doubt Tim, he just didn't want to overstress the boy.

"Dick, I'll be fine," Tim assured him. "If I need help I'll just ask Percy."

"Um, I'll love to help with whatever you got going on there," A voice said from the stairs. Percy Jackson came down the iron steps of the Bat Cave with a tray of blue cookies in her hand. "But remember: I barely understand the situation that Earth is in right now."

"I'll take whatever you've got," Tim said, grabbing a cookie from the tray and turning back to his work again. "Thanks!"

"Speaking of help," Percy said, putting down the tray by the young Boy Wonder and offering a cookie to Dick. "Where's Barbra? I know we're not super close or anything, but isn't she in this whole "Bat Vigilante" thing?"

"Oh, she is," Tim answered, taking a bite of his cookie. "Um, these are good!"

"Thanks, they were my mom's recipe."

Tim took another giant bite. "Anyway, as I was saying: Babs is in the business, but since she doesn't live in the Manor, she doesn't visit often. Before the Cave went up in smoke, she mostly hung out there."

Percy raised an eyebrow. "But now that the Cave is gone...?"

"I have no idea, honestly." The girl nodded confusingly.

Dick gave Percy a side-hug. "Don't worry, you'll get to know her well soon enough," he promised, taking a bite out of his cookie. "Oh my...I've forgotten how good these taste...Thanks, Love."

"No problem."

He shoved down the rest of the treat and dusted the crumbs away. "I gotta go, any longer, and Captain Atom might just have my head." He hurried off towards the zeta-tube, just as he was about to enter, Percy called out to him.

"Di, wait!" He turned around and was suddenly met with a pair of lips on his. A few moments later, the raven-haired girl pulled away, a lopsided smile on her lips. "Try not to die while up there, it would be embarrassing for you to die because of tardiness."

Dick shook his head at her amusingly and disappeared down the zeta tube.

"Recognized, Nightwing B01"

"About time," Captain Atom said, his arms crossed in front of his torso. "Care to relate the excuse?"