True Colors

Percy's POV

The mirror was a little too good at showing her discomfort in wearing a skin-tight suit again for the first time in a little more than two years. Percy's face was scrunched up together as she turned from side to side, studying her reflection.

"Is the outfit not fitting, Miss Persephone?" Alfred asked from the side.

"Hm? Oh, no, Alfred, it's perfect! It just felt weird wearing this again..." Percy said, pulling at her new fitted suit. The outfit itself didn't change much, its elements still very much describe her identity: a combination of hero and demigod. Alfred had done what she had asked, removing her cape and hood from the overall. There's no need to hide under the hood anymore, she was a better warrior now, and her skills and power defined her.

Dick was leaning by the wall next to the mirror looking at her with a general smile on his face. "You look great. And don't worry, once you get into action, the discomfort of the suit will disappear without a trace."

Percy gave the boy a sideways glance. "Are you speaking from experience here?"

"You should have seen me when I first started going out with Bruce." Dick laughed. "Boy, I was awkward."

"You seemed pretty chill when I first met you at the alley."

"Keep in mind that was like five months after I first started the job," Dick said. "I've long adjusted."

"Right." The boy glanced down at his watch and then back at the girl.

"We better hurry," he said. "I promise the Team we will be at the base for a mission debrief in an hour or so."

"Well, I'm already," Percy answered. "Let's go then."

Dick held up a hand at the girl. "Woah, hold on just a second, Love. I'm not letting you leave without the most essential part of the uniform." Percy looked at him confusingly, then a light bulb went on inside her head and she quickly grabbed her mask off the nearby table and put it on. The bluebird hero looked at her amusingly and shook his head. "Close, but still not ready."

"What?"

"Love, you need your utility belt and a handy weapon to protect yourself," Dick said patiently. "I'm not having you walk into a fight unprotected."

"Miss Persephone, I've already polished all your spare gadgets from two years ago, they are ready for use and I shall make a list of orders from Mr. Lucius today," Alfred said.

"Thank you, Alfred, but there's really no need," Percy said gratefully, then she turned to Dick with a look of determination on her face. "Di, I know you might not like this, but I've decided to reveal my full power to the public."

The smile vanished from the boy's handsome face. "What?" He demanded.

Percy held up her hands in a calm-down gesture. "Hear me out on this, Di. During the time I have been gone, I've sort of rediscovered myself. My connection with my powers is stronger than before, I can use it without much effort!"

"Yeah, I get that, Love, but-"

"I've survived the darkest place possible without my utility belt, I'll be fine."

"But..." Dick began but struggled to gather his thoughts together, so Alfred came to his rescue.

"I believe what Master Richard wishes to say is no one doubts your ability to protect yourself during a fight," Alfred states, walking up with a fully equipped utility belt in hand. "But one could never predict the unexpected, a little more preparation could go a long way."

"Exactly, thank you, Alfred," Dick said gratefully.

"Anytime, Master Richard," the butler answered, handing the utility belt to Percy, who still looked doubtful.