Chapter 109: Silent Drive

Y/N POV

"So what now?" I asked as I spun around to face Jaehyun, who was just exiting the restaurant.

He silently looked around for a moment, hands in his pockets as he took a few seconds to take in the warm scenery.

"Why don't we go back to my place?"

His words came out soft, low, and steady. There wasn't a hint of nervousness in his tone, just the pure sound of him asking for my consent. Not consent to do anything once we'd gotten there, but consent to drive me to the mansion in general.

"We don't have to do anything," he continued. "That's not what I'm asking you. I just wondered if you-"

"Yes," I answered. "Yes."

-------------

The entire drive was quiet.

Neither of us had hardly said a single word since we'd gotten in the car. I didn't think it was awkward silence, but instead, a needed silence.

The only thing either of us truly wanted was to enjoy the other's presence.

After about 20 minutes of silent driving, we were finally in front of his large home. He parked the car, and walked around the front to open the passenger side door for me to get out. I thanked him with a small smile before proceeding toward the front door. Once I reached it, I turned around to face Jaehyun.

"Mrs. Jeon-"

"She isn't here," He answered, cutting me off. "She clocked out a few hours ago."

"Ah, I see," I said before stepping inside once he unlocked it.

Hours had gone by, and we did nothing but talk. We talked about everything each of us had missed over the course of the last month and a half, as well as some of the recent assasination attacks NCT's mafia had quietly faced. I was shocked to hear that the higher ups, especially Taeyong had been targeted so many times without a single one of the Shades being informed of this information.

It disturbed me deeply, but I was happy to know they were safe.