Chapter 71: Motives

Earlier that day...

??? POV

"As you all know, we're currently in the middle of investigating Friday night's shooting after the stock party," Taeyong began. "At this point in time, I think it's safe to say it's none of L Corp's staff, but that doesn't exclude the Director."

"We were able to look into his recent expenses and noticed a questionably large sum of money missing from his bank account," Jeno chimed in. "Get this though, the account is kept under the company's name, and the dates the withdrawals were made were just days after each shooting. Each withdrawal was made exactly two days after each shooting."

"So you're saying this might not be a rival mob, but a hired hit?" Mark asked.

"Exactly," Jeno answered.

"But why?" Johnny questioned. "I mean, what would they gain from trying to attack the other companies and K Group's CEO? Especially since it seems like they're not even trying to hide it. Who uses the company funds to pay for hit men?"

"Crazy ex maybe? As for using the funds, maybe he wants it known?" Lucas suggested.

"Really? Is anyone even that reckless these days?" Haechan laughed.

"I wouldn't rule out the idea," I finally spoke. "Say it has to do with money AND jealousy, it would give a possible motive. As for using the company's money directly, maybe it's to draw us out and throw us off course so we'll look away from something else."

"I agree with Jaehyun," Doyoung spoke, nodding at my statement.

Everyone sat in silence for what felt like hours, each of us thinking of why this would possibly be happening.

"That man you managed to find on the security cameras at the villa," I began, breaking the silence. "Were you able to get anything out of him?"

Johnny and Ten exchanged glances, waiting to see which of the two would speak up first.

"We nearly beat him to a pulp," Ten finally stated. "All he told us was he was paid to check the perimeter for patrol officers and possible bodyguards."

"Jaemin even went in later and threatened his family," Johnny added. "Still, nothing."

I slightly furrowed my brows at his statement, feeling slightly frustrated by it until someone not far behind me spoke up.

"Maybe we could be of some help..?"

A/N: Thank you for 9K reads!!!!!
Much love~ ♥︎