Chapter 144: Running Out of Time

Disclaimer: This chapter contains strong language and the use of violence. Such content may not be suitable for some readers.

Y/N POV

Before I could even respond, my office door was thrown open. The first person to come through the door was Tony. Following closely behind him with guns in hand were Johnny, Yuta, and Doyoung. Tony held his pistol against the back of Jaeho's head, not giving him the opportunity to turn around. Jaeho raised his hands and laughed.

"You're already too late, you'll be lucky if you get there in time," he chuckled.

"We have Ryoto on standby," Yuta mumbled as he came to my side.

I nodded and looked back over at Tony who couldn't take his eyes off Jaeho. The look on his face was nothing but pure anger. He's always felt a lot of hatred for Jaeho, but now, I can only assume the devious thoughts that are running through his head.

"Take this bastard to the Lieutenant," He said firmly to Johnny and Doyoung. "We've been instructed to let the PD handle this instead of turning it into a gang war. We won't damage the company's name this way."

The two nodded, escorting Jaeho from the building, Yuta followed close behind them, keeping his gun aimed at Jaeho. Tony dropped his pistol, turning his gaze toward me. There was nothing but sadness and frustration in his eyes. It was one of the most heartbreaking sights, but I now had other things to worry about.

Jaehyun.

"Where is he?" I asked, ready for whatever may await us at his destination.

"I'll take you to him."

-------------------------------------------

"Is there a bomb squad nearby?" I asked in a rush, arriving on the scene. "Why isn't the PD here yet?"

"The Lieutenant said there's heavy traffic," Luka answered. "They won't be here for another 20 minutes."

"Is the bomb timed or remote-controlled?" I questioned. "Does anyone know?"

"The Shades have eliminated Jaeho's inside men, and cleared every floor except the 6th," Daisuke replied. "They said they could hear Jaehyun on the inside claiming the bomb was in the room with him. He said it had a timer."

"So, he's locked in there?" I asked, nearly shouting.

They looked at each other, then back at me, nodding their heads.

Shit.

"Can't you bust it down?" I asked, almost sarcastically.

"We tried," they said in harmony. "We decided it was best we stop for the time being in case the bomb was too close to the door, we didn't wanna accidentally set it off early."

"And how much time is left...?"

"15 minutes..." Luka sorrily answered.

Fuck. There has to be another way inside.

My mind felt like it was scattered. I was thinking a million things at once, and yet I couldn't come up with a clear solution to get him out of there. My head was pounding, my heart was racing, and my entire body was shaking with the fear of potentially losing Jae. I couldn't let any of them see me react this way.

"Where's Ace?" I asked.

"With Tony on the 6th floor-"

"EVERYBODY DROP!"

In a matter of seconds, there were bullets flying, and sirens coming from a neighboring street. It wasn't the police that was shooting... It was more of Jaeho's men. All I could think of was that stupid smirk on his face before he left my office.

Fucking bastard.

I'll find a way to get Jaehyun out of there.

Author's Note: Hello my loves.