Chapter 98: Three Weeks

Three weeks later...

Luka POV

"It was good meeting with you again Mr. Lee," I smiled, shaking his hand just as he was about to leave.

"Same here, Mr. Tanaka," He replied, slightly grinning.

I slipped my hand from Taeyong's grip, politely waiting for him to exit my office. It's been a little over a month since Angel had gone with those men, and the next day, Tony had gone missing from the hospital after the shootout that had taken place.

Things have been quiet.

It feels weird to not have either of my closest friends by my side. I'd gotten so used to Y/N ordering me around that not hearing her bossy tone is merely saddening. I was never annoyed with the tasks she'd give me. Hearing her voice and being in her presence alone was enough to keep me happy. Not having Tony around has affected me also.

Who the hell am I supposed to bug now?

I'd usually pick on Daisuke when no one else was around, but he's been just as busy as I have lately. Ace was never an option due to the simple fact that he'd shoot me on the spot for getting on his nerves.

I almost miss getting tackled by Tony...

Aside from my own personal emotions, the boy's, and the Shade's, everything else has continued just as it had before. The company is still running smoothly, as it has been in my care. As for our mafia business, all loans and debts have been paid and kept up to date. No rival gangs have caused trouble lately, keeping the peace in our territories.

It's almost as if Angel never left, aside from things being more calm than usual.

"Ah, Mr. Tanaka," Taeyong added, turning around to face me.

I perked up, awaiting his answer.

"Don't hesitate to call if you ever need anything," he said simply with a warm smile on his face.

I've never seen him look at me so sympathetically. Over the past few weeks, I've actually gotten quite close to Taeyong and Yuta. Yuta is the only one who addresses me casually when around the office though. Taeyong tends to keep it professional. They've both been a great help, and NCT Industries & K Group are now collaborating because of the three of us.

"I appreciate it, Mr. Lee," I replied politely.

I watched as he opened my office door to exit, and immediately froze. His eyes widened and is jaw merely dropped to the ground. I looked at him confused, unsure of who he'd encountered.

Who is it?