Chapter 88: Old Me

WARNING: This chapter has mention of guns and violence, please read at your own risk

Y/N POV

Before either of us could say another word, the lights in the hospital room shut off. Both of us immediately looked around, alarmed. I walked up to the room door, slightly cracking it to see if it was a broken bulb, or the whole hospital.

From as far as I could see, the entire hospital floor was pitch black.

I watched as a nurse passed by, checking on patients. I reached out, tugging on her sleeve.

"Excuse me, the electricity blew out, right?" I asked.

"Yes," she answered with a small smile. "The electrician should be here soon to fix it."

"I see. Thank you," I replied.

I re-entered the dark room, shutting the door behind me.

"Electricity out?" Tony asked.

"Mm," I hummed in response.

I sat beside him in silence for what felt like hours, just holding tightly onto his hand. Anyone would've thought this may have looked wrong, but it surely didn't feel wrong. It felt right. Not right in the way I'd once wanted it to, but knowing he and I will forever be close, comforted me. In the sense of two friends, holding his hand with nothing but pure intent seemed like the farthest thing in the world from wrong.

The silence remained heavy on us, which would have been fine, but it was too silent. I knew I wasn't the only one who thought something was wrong once Tony looked up at me. Tony got up from the bed, gesturing for me to stay where I was at as he did so. Before he could even reach the door, it was thrown open from the outside. Two armed men covered head to toe in dark clothing made their way inside, and immediately looked at Tony. Everything happened so fast, but it almost looked as if they had seen him before.

The man in front wasted no time lunging toward Tony, attempting to pin his arms behind his back. I dropped down to the floor, hidden from the men, and immediately going into a highly focused state. I watched as Tony fought them off as best he could, managing to knock one of the men to the ground.

Under the bed.

I immediately looked underneath the hospital bed, grabbing the small backpack that was hidden from view. Before I left the hospital yesterday afternoon, as I was saying my goodbyes, Daisuke told me about the small backpack underneath the bed.

The one containing three loaded guns if needed.

I pulled one of the guns from the backpack before standing and opening fire. It felt as if everything around me slowed down for a split second.

That second felt like an eternity.

The first shot fired went straight into the neck of the man who has his hands on Tony. Once he dropped to the ground, I tossed the backpack to Tony.

I caught a small glimpse of his facial expression before turning away.

He was slightly shocked, and deep down, so was I.

I haven't been this way in a while.. I missed it.

A/N: Thank you all so much for 31K reads and 1K votes!!! I appreciate the unconditional love, as well as each of you individually so much!!!

Happy thanksgiving, I hope you all eat well today! I'm very very thankful/grateful for all of you
( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

Much love~ ♥︎