Chapter 50: Garden

WARNING: This chapter has mention of guns and violence, please read at your own risk

Y/N POV

We stopped at a large door, away from the party. Jaehyun let go of my hand, and turned to face me. The smile on his face was bright. His eyes were full of excitement and happiness, a look I hadn't seen before.

"Ready?" He asked, raising a brow.

"For?" I questioned

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

I paused for a moment, thinking carefully about my answer.

I do. I do trust him.

I nodded, faintly smiling at him.

He smirked and stood behind me, placing one hand over my eyes, and squeezing my arm with the other. I gently placed my hand over his while he covered my eyes, unsure of what he was doing. I laughed a bit, trying to figure out his motives. I could hear him laugh also as he gently nudged me forward.

"Watch your step a bit," he said, carefully helping me down the small step as we continued forward.

After a few steps, he removed his hand from my eyes, uncovering a beautiful display of plants surrounding us.

A garden.

Surrounding us was a vibrant array of beautiful flowers. The garden was dimly lit with tall lamp posts, designed nicely to fit the architecture of the villa. My eyes wandered the lovely sight, taking in every little detail. The sweet aroma of the flowers filled my nose as I continued to look around.

I turned my head to face Jaehyun, who was still standing behind me. He looked at me with a large, sweet smile on his face. He flashed his dimples as I returned the smile. His gaze traveled from my eyes to his hand that was still lightly rested on my arm. My eyes traveled along with his, noticing my hand resting over his. I hadn't realized I had kept it there, but soon after noticing, I quickly put my hand down. I felt a light blush creep onto my face as I avoided his gaze.

"It's beautiful," I said quietly.

"I know," he proudly said. "Do you like it?"

"... I love it," I softly answered after a short pause.

I felt a comfortable silence linger between us while we took a moment to stand and admire the garden. I could feel his gaze focused on me, causing me to slowly face him. The second my eyes met his, I could see the longing deep within them.

I felt frozen, lost in the dark hue of his eyes. The soft, dim lighting reflected perfectly off his smooth, porcelain skin. It was clear he was effortlessly handsome, no matter the setting or what he wore. In that moment, I had never wanted anything more than to be close to him.

I felt drawn to him.

His eyes studied mine, then traveled to my lips. They stopped and he softly glanced at me, almost as if he was asking for approval. My eyes didn't leave his. I didn't doubt he could see I wasn't going to stop him from whatever came next. He began to slowly lean in, about to close the gap between us, but something we never expected stopped us. As his lips were inches away from mine, we heard a faint gunshot that sounded far, but not far enough.

It was too close.

Our heads immediately turned toward the direction where the shots were heard. We both glanced at each other, looks of worry and disappointment on each of our faces. We hurriedly rushed back inside where women were screaming, and everyone was quickly fleeing out of the villa. My eyes searched the room for any sign of Luka and Tony.

Nothing.

"Shit," I quietly said, beginning to feel slightly nervous.

"There," Jaehyun sternly said, taking my hand.

He pulled us outside the large entrance, following the crown of commotion. I felt a feeling of slight worry and rage settle in my chest as I watched the chaotic events unfold before us.

How could things change so fast?

Jaehyun and I didn't hesitate to pull our guns out, ready for whatever came next. I glanced his way, my stern expression turning to a slightly sad one.

The man beside me, who had such a sweet, soft expression moments ago, now looked like the most frightening man alive.