Chapter 91: Recognition

WARNING: This chapter has mention of guns and violence, please read at your own risk

Ryoto POV

I could hear Ren's heavy footsteps as he ventured down the same hallway I had.

"I said drop it," the stern voice restated.

I could hear it was a female, and she wasn't up for games. I slightly smirked once I realized who it was. I held my arms up in surrender, dropping my gun as I did so. I could hear her slide it across the room once it hit the floor.

This room is so dark, she couldn't possibly know who I am...

I realized Ren had finally figured out where I was when I heard a second gun click from farther behind me, ready to shoot. I then heard a third come from my left. I could barely make out the outline of a large man.

The man I'm assuming Angel had run out here to see.

"Shoot her, and I promise that you and the man you're trying to save won't make it out of here alive," the large figure said calmly, aiming toward Ren.

His voice was deep and stern. There wasn't the slightest hint of nervousness in his voice.

He was truly ready to kill anyone for the sake of her life.

"Ren, put the gun down," I politely asked with a slight laugh.

"Sir?" He asked, sounding slightly confused.

"Put it down," I repeated. "I'm afraid I'm already acquainted with these two."

"I beg your pardon?" Angel asked, still not realizing who I was.

"Angel," I laughed. "It's Ryoto."

"Ryoto-? Wait, why are you here?" She asked.

"People don't usually run barefoot off my property at 3:20 in the morning, and I needed you to be found before someone else found you... like now," I answered.

"Ah.." She sighed, lowering her gun. "My apologies."

"No worries," I said calmly as I heard the large man beside me lower his gun also.

"Did anyone else see you here?" I asked.

"A possible few.." she mumbled, thinking about my question.

I turned around, barely able to make out Ren's face from the natural lighting coming through the windows as the sun began to rise.

I'm assuming it's getting close to five at this point.

Someone might alert the PD soon if they haven't already, and they'll be here soon.

"I want every hostile in the building taken care of before the Lieutenant and patrolling officers arrive," I ordered.

"And what of the patients and staff, sir?" He asked.

I thought for a moment.

I hope none of them caught a glimpse of her face...

"Let them live, but if a word of us being here gets out, make it clear we won't hesitate to tie up any possible loose ends. Understood?" I concluded.

"Yes, sir," He nodded before going back down the hall.

I turned back to Angel, watching as the dim lighting of the upcoming sun shone upon her softly lit face.

Her composure hasn't changed a bit.