𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐀𝐜𝐞

Y/N POV

-    2 Days Later    -

"Miss Choi!" I called out from my office.

Yuri quickly scurried into my office, bowing before straightening her posture and responding to me.

"Yes, Ms. Kang?" She asked politely.

"Schedule a meeting for me this afternoon, here's a list of the people I want attending from our departments. As soon as the meeting ends, schedule another one for me with Mr. Bang of S.K. Group and Mr. Choi of SVT Entertainment Company," I replied.

"Yes, Ms. Kang. For the second meeting, since it'll be late, would you still like it held here at the company, or..?" She looked up from the clipboard to meet eyes with me.

"Make reservations at the most expensive five star restaurant in Seoul, 8:00 sharp," I said with a smirk.

"Y-yes, Ms. Kang," she responded.

With that, she bowed and exited my office, giving me time to plan out tonight's date.

——————-

I was the last to walk into the boardroom, as usual. I confidently walked in and was greeted by the Shades I had working within the company. I hired 7 total to work at my company instead of just staying within the Manor. They are my eyes and ears throughout the company and are spread throughout the different departments, so if anything ever happens, they'll report it back to me. Each of them was now seated at the long table, including Ace, Luka, and Tony.

"Thank you all for attending this meeting, unfortunately, this will be our last for a while," I began.

At first, everyone except for Luka, and Tony laughed. Usually board meetings are boring, and everyone knows that. They thought what I was saying was a joke, and honestly, I wish it was too. Each of them awkwardly stopped once they realized I wasn't kidding in the slightest.

"As you may know, we were recently attacked by an unknown group, and are currently investigating it. I was recently in contact with Lieutenant Jung and was asked to help investigate the case, of course, I obliged."

Each of the men nodded at my words, acknowledging it was the right thing to do to benefit all of us. What they weren't ready for, nor expecting, were my next words.

"This investigation requires someone to go undercover in NeoCultureTechnology Industries, otherwise known as mafia group, NCT."

As my voice trailed off, for the first time, I looked at each of the men in the room. I individually looked into each of their eyes, sensing the slight fear they were imagining. My eyes wandered past Ace's quiet, yet fearful eyes, over to Luka's still hurt and angered ones, then finally over to Tony's. He stared through the large, door-sized windows across from him, purposely not making eye contact with me.

"For the guaranteed safety of the Shades, our company, and recruits, the difficult decision was made that I be the one to go undercover within their company."

The moment the words came out of my mouth, I was immediately faced with hurt glares. Each of them stared through me, their eyes filled with all sorts of emotions. These boys... these men, they care for me just as much as I care for them. For a moment, I was touched, but I immediately regained my composure. I knew I had to comfort them as best as I could so there wouldn't be an uproar of refutes.

"I know what you're all thinking, and I understand your concerns. I'm truly touched and appreciate the loyalty each of you has shown to me, but after deep thought, I realized this was the best decision. Lieutenant Jung promised safety for each of you and your families. In my absence, I am trusting our company in the hands of President Tanaka," I glanced at Luka as I said so, his eyes avoiding mine.

"I hope you all can understand this decision and support me on it," I paused, realizing how soft and sad I sounded. I immediately changed my tone upon saying, "Don't look so gloomy, my doves, I'll be back before you know it."

I finished with my signature smirk and wink, lightening the heavy atmosphere.

"Alright, the meeting is over, back to work," I said, collecting my papers.

Just as most everyone had exited the room, and I was about to also, I felt a light tug on my sleeve from behind me. I turned to be greeted by a stunningly tall Ace. This tall, broad shouldered and strong man is such a softie, yet no one would know it unless they knew his personality. His face looked tough and mean, yet handsomely stunning. He had a brow piercing above his left eye, and his entire right arm was covered in tattoos, adding to his look. His eyes were a deep brown, yet they pierced through you just the same as a cat's eyes. His work suit was a little snug, but it looked nice on him. His hair was slightly messy, but clean and soft as always.

I gave him a soft look as I lifted my brows, questioning what it was he needed.

"Does Daisuke-" he said quietly.

His soft, deep voice always makes me feel just as mellow as his tone. It's comforting when he speaks, and especially rare.

"No," I cut him off. The word came out softly and I looked up to meet his eyes. "He doesn't know yet, but I'll tell him soon, I promise," I reassured him.

He nodded, the look in his eyes unsure and slightly fearful. I could tell the news of me leaving took a large toll on him, but the thought of Daisuke's reaction scared him more.

I gently squeezed his shoulder before saying, "He'll be okay. It'll only be for a short while, plus he has you."

He forced a small grin at my statement.

"You're both grown men," I said, jokingly nudging him. "You can take care of yourselves."

He managed a light chuckle before ruffling my hair.

"I know, A, thank you for the reassurance," he said in a husk tone. Before I could scold him for messing with my hair, he quickly walked out of the room and down the hall to the elevator so he could return to his office on the third floor.

"Hey-! Ah, that brat," I mumbled, fixing my hair.

Once I finished up, I glanced up at the clock and smiled.

"Two more hours..."