Chapter 85: Ren

Y/N POV

The taxi finally arrived at the hospital, and from the second I had gotten there, something felt wrong. The lights inside were dim, and I couldn't see anyone going in or out.

If something is going on like I'm thinking, then the doctors and nurses, and whoever else inside is currently being held hostage so that they could look for him.

I shut my eyes for a moment, as if internally praying would change the situation I'm hoping isn't true.

Please, please don't be inside there, and if you are, please, don't be alone.

Ryoto POV

"Sir, we believe we have her location," Ren stated as he approached me.

Ren is one of my closest friends, and has been for the past 8 years. I don't know what I'd do without him. Since the start of this business, he's been my right hand man, and nothing but my biggest support. I first met him back when we were in highschool. He had just transferred from Japan and hardly knew any Korean. I noticed his attention span was short and he looked confused during most of the lessons in the few classes we had together, so I took upon myself to tutor him.

As time went on, I'd not only gotten close to him, but also his family. His dad wasn't around, I learned that early on in our friendship after walking home with him one day. He was quiet and didn't really have any friends, but that one day, that simple day, I figured walking with him wouldn't do any harm.

He didn't talk the entire time. I was the one who'd done all the speaking, but I didn't mind. I'd always been pretty social and well-liked by our classmates. Once we arrived at what I'd assumed was his house, his mother was quick to invite me inside. I have a perceptive personality and a good eye, so said my mother when I was younger.

The first thing I noticed once I walked in was the interior. The small frames and cheap paintings on the walls, I realized that from the condition of the home, they were maybe a bit short on money. Every picture frame had either Ren and his mother, or an older boy who at the time, looked like he would've been a few years older than us. I sadly made the mistake of asking who the boy in the photos was.

The answer I was given made my heart drop.

A/N: How in the WORLD did we hit 15k reads in a DAY??! I can't say this enough, but I really appreciate every single one of you. I know some of those reads may be people just checking out the story and eventually ditching it, but I'm no less grateful for it. Much love~ ♥︎