Chapter 79: Trust

Y/N POV

"Why did you want to see me, and why am I here?"

I knew my expression appeared hostile, but my intentions and tone were far from it. I locked eyes with his, watching as he smirked and placed his silverware down before chuckling. I didn't understand the meaning behind his reaction, but it only made me even more curious.

He immediately regained his calm composure, clearing his throat as he did so.

"I was waiting for that question," he finally said. "But I'm not sure you'll like my answer."

I slightly cocked my head to the side, furrowing my brows. I didn't take my eyes off of his as I waited for an answer.

"I was hired to keep you from the public eye for a while. Why? I'm not entirely sure, and I can't tell you who hired me simply because I don't have an answer," he stated.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"I was contacted anonymously. I was told to bring you here for a while without the intention of hurting you," he answered.

"Do you have any idea as to why?" I asked.

"I wish I did, the only thing I can assume is someone has been plotting behind your back for quite some time, and is only just now taking the action to remove you from your high position as a popular CEO to work behind the scenes," he suggested.

I leaned back in the dining chair, folding my arms across my chest as I did so. I scoffed, looking off to the side of the room.

"Ah, I figured as much. I'd honestly hoped you would've been able to tell me something I didn't know," I said sarcastically.

I glanced back his way, watching as a small smirk played on his lips.

"Hm?" I hummed.

He shook his head.

"I don't think I'd expected you to already know and have done nothing about it," he chuckled.

"Not nothing, love. It's all about timing," I responded.

"Mm," he nodded in agreement.

"Since you're willingly giving me so much information, I'm assuming there's something you want in return?" I asked. "How much-"

"I don't want your money, Ms. Kang," he said, cutting me off. "In fact, I don't want anything from you aside from your trust."

"My trust?" I echoed.

He nodded in response to my question.

What could he possibly have in mind that requires my trust?

A/N: I forgot to mention this last chapter, but the way I think of the Young Master's hair is similar to Hyunjin's of Stray Kids from the God's Menu MV, but without the blonde. The young master's hair is a deep brown that could easily be mistaken for black. Alsoooo, THANK YOU FOR 12K READS!!!