Chapter 54: Silence

Y/N POV

I was silent the entire ride, everyone was. I could tell the man next to me, Mr. Choi, was still slightly terrified by my previous threat. I couldn't see him, thanks to the thick fabric covering my head, but his silence was deafening.

There wasn't much on my mind aside from the two people I tried my hardest to push out of it:

Tony and Jaehyun.

I tilted my head back, letting it rest against the headrest of the seat. If I really wanted to, I could've killed each of these men earlier, yet I chose not to.

Why?

That question lingered in the back of my mind the entire ride. I think a part of me deep down wanted to know if it really was Jaeho who had put these people up to the mass shootings leading up to this one. From the way they arrived on scene, positioned themselves, shot, and even their outfits and guns all matched the videos from the others. I had no doubt that these were the same people, but something about them told me they weren't a mafia group.

I needed to find out myself who was really behind all this.

—————————

Jaehyun a POV

I watched the vans drive off, taking Y/N with them. The gun in my hand slipped from my fingertips, dropping onto the hard asphalt. I stood frozen, my eyes focused on where she once stood minutes ago.

I couldn't bring myself to move from the spot.

A part of me felt like this was all some kind of nightmare, like I was going to wake up any second now.

I didn't, and I won't. This time, this once in a million time, it wasn't a nightmare I could simply wake up from.

Wonwoo and Luka were long gone, along with the rookie Shades and SVT members who had tagged along tonight. Most of the guys I came with left as soon as Y/N did, hoping to maybe follow their drivers from a distance. Jeno, Mark, and Sicheng went straight to the PD to inform Lieutenant Jung of tonight's event's. Lucas, Doyoung, and Jaemin went back inside the villa to look at the CCTV footage to try and track their license plates. I was left outside alone with Taeyong and Yuta.

Yuta called Johnny from the company, asking him to pick us up since most of our cars were either covered in bullet holes or shattered glass. I could see Taeyong slowly approaching me while I stood still. He cautiously placed his hand on my shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze.

"We'll get her back, Jae, you know that. She's smarter than most of us combined," he quietly reassured. "I'm sure she knows exactly what she's getting herself into, and how to get out of it."

I ran my fingers through my hair, tilting my head back. I stared at the sky, as if the answer I was looking for would appear in the stars. I knew what he was saying was true, and I had trusted her from the very beginning. The only people I didn't trust were them.

Excluding tonight's events, if they lay so much as a hair on her, I'll never forgive them.

I finally brought my gaze back to the empty space in front of me.

She's really gone.

"I know we will," I said, finally turning to Taeyong.

When we do, I'm never letting anyone take you away from me so easily again, Kang Y/N. Not without putting up a fight.