Chapter 29: Tired

Y/N POV

I entered the office early like I usually do in a much happier mood than usual. I was wearing a white pleated waist shirt that was tucked into a black pencil skirt. My small heels were black and pointed at the toe with a two-inch heel.

"This is such a stereotypical outfit," I laughed to myself

But I like it.

The large opening at the top of the shirt revealed the lovely new addition to my jewelry collection, the necklace Jaehyun bought me. It's been about a week since that day, and I finally got around to wearing it.

When I finally reached Jaehyun's office, I confidently walked past his desk and straight for mine. I watched as he did a double take, his eyes catching a glimmer of the necklace. The second I sat down, he called for me.

"Yes, Mr. Jung?" I asked, proudly flaunting the necklace.

He looked at me and smiled.

"It's nothing, you can sit back down," he said, still smiling as he looked down at his papers.

"Actually," I said, turning back around. "I have one question."

"Hm?" He replied, looking up at me.

"You've been arriving earlier than usual, and I haven't gotten any emails for scheduled meetings in the mornings. So, may I ask why?" I asked, curious to know the answer.

"The same reason I called you to stand in front of me just now," he answered.

"I don't think I-"

"To see you," he stated.

———————-

"Finally finished," I mumbled to myself.

I arrived this morning at 6:30, and it's now 9:00. The building is pretty empty since most everyone had gone home by now. I packed my things and peeked out my door toward Jaehyun's desk. A smile grew on my face as I held back a small laugh. He was face down, sleeping on his desk. 'I guess he'd fallen asleep while working,' I thought to myself. He's been getting here early the past few days, I can only assume he's not getting enough sleep.

I quietly walked over to his desk, organizing the papers surrounding him. I neatly packed up his things and placed them beside him. I crouched down beside him, ready to wake him when something stopped me. I cocked my head to the side, smiling. The sight of his still effortlessly beautiful face while he sleeps amazes me.

It's cute.

I stared at him for a moment longer before gently poking his shoulder.

"Mr. Jung," I said softly. "Mr. Jung?"

I quietly called him about five times before feeling slightly irritated. He wasn't waking up. Finally, an idea clicked.

"Jaehyun," I quietly called.

With that, his eyes began to flutter open. I knew it, this idiot-

"You called?" He said, sleepily, smiling as he slowly began to wake up.

"Yes, about 7 times," I replied.

He chuckled at my statement.

"Sorry," he quietly said. "You didn't have to-"

"I know I didn't," I cut him off. "I felt like it, plus you're hideous when you sleep, I couldn't bear the sight of you," I teased.

His eyes widened at my words.

"Was I really-"

"No, silly. I'm jealous of how good you look when you sleep though," I mumbled.

"Oh, so I'm good looking?" He said with a cocky smile.

I scoffed and began walking out of his office. I heard the rushed noises of him trying to catch up to me from behind me. I laughed to myself as I heard him stumble while collecting his things.

"Were you really gonna leave without me?" He asked when he reached my side.

"No, but maybe I'll do this again. Never in my life have I ever listened to a man stumble while trying to catch up to me," I laughed.

"Not everyone is majestic," he joked, making the two of us laugh.

I like his laugh. I like this side of him, the more flawed side.