Chapter 30: Rain

Y/N POV

We stood outside the company building, waiting for the valet worker to bring Jaehyun's car.

"Do you plan on taking a taxi home?" He asked, turning toward me.

"Nope," I replied.

"Did you drive here?"

"Nope."

"Do you have a boyfriend-"

"I'm walking home today," I stated, smiling at him. "The weather is nice."

He looked at me like I was crazy for a minute, thinking of a proper response. Without responding to me, he pulled out his phone and called someone.

"I take it back, take the car home. I'll be walking today," he said before ending the brief call.

"What are you-" I began to ask.

"Let's go," he said before I could finish.

———————

"Hey, about the party next week, is it alright if I send a representative of my own?"I asked.

"Already ahead of you, beautiful," he answered.

I looked at him, confused.

"The President of your company already requested sending representatives from a few of your departments in order to help investigate and create future business deals or alliances," he stated. "I thought you were aware of this?"

"It must've slipped my mind," I said awkwardly, playing it off.

Luka, he's very intelligent when he chooses to be.

A moment of silence passed between me and Jaehyun as we slowly walked further and further away from the company. The evening breeze felt soothing as it blew past us. Before I could say another word, I felt a light drop fall onto my nose. I touched the small droplet of water and looked up. Jaehyun must've noticed because he, too, was looking upward.

"There's no way it's gonna-" he started.

He was cut off by a sudden downpour of rain. We both looked at each other in shock.

"The weather is nice, huh?" he said sarcastically.

We laughed for a minute before trying to prevent ourselves from getting wet. He held his coat over his head while I held my bag over mine. We weren't too far from my house, but it was still some distance away.

We bolted down the street, and after minutes of running, we finally reached it. We stood underneath the roof over my front door, laughing. I was soaking wet from the rain, my bag not being any help at all. Jaehyun too, was drenched in water. Once our laughter died down, I watched as his eyes glanced over me. His face became flushed as he slowly approached me and placed his coat over my top.

Confused, I looked down at my shirt to see it was completely see-through due to it being soaked. I looked back at Jaehyun only to realize that his button down was see-through also. I felt my face slightly heat up, and I looked away.

"Ah, thank you," I mumbled.

He nodded, still looking away from me. I unlocked the door and paused after stepping inside. I turned to face Jaehyun, who was trying to figure out a way to escape the downpour before us.

"Would you like to come inside?"