Chapter 104: Questions

Y/N POV

It's been about a week since I coincidentally saw Jaehyun at the company.

Even though he didn't see me.

I know my decision was to avoid seeing him for as long as possible, but the more I try to think about him less, the harder I find it to concentrate. I stared off into the empty space of my office, hands folded as I got lost in my thoughts.

The thought of him seems to be the only thing I can consistently think about as of lately.

I wouldn't have minded telling him so much if I didn't firmly believe it would put him in danger. Things have been unexpectedly quiet in my absence, and I didn't like that. I didn't say anything when I'd met with Taeyong, Luka, and Tony last week because I didn't want to worry them. I'm sure Taeyong already has his suspicions though. He has his own mafia to concern with, I doubt he's clueless to these sorts of things.

Normally, when the more powerful mafias are absent, or MIA, the smaller, more reckless ones run wild. This has happened on a few occasions many years ago, before NCT held the power they do now. I paused, taking more time to think things over.

Didn't NCT have a hit on L Corp...?

Did I miss something?

Did something happen between NCT's mafia and Mr. Lam?

I slammed my fist down on my desk, frustrated that I'd forgotten such an important detail to this entire mess. I feel like after some time, we eliminated Mr. Lam himself as a key suspect due to his simple lack of complex intelligence.

Ah... I can't believe I forgot about that bastard...

Jaeho.