Chapter 47: Stock Party (Pt. 2)

Y/N POV

I searched over dozens of heads for the man I once recognized, but now couldn't be found. I continued to stride aimlessly through the room of dancing, talking people. The sweet sound of the soft piano keys that everyone was enjoyably listening to was the only thing keeping me from shooting the roof.

As I continued to walk through crowds of different company representatives and reporters, some I knew, some not, I found someone I had yet longed to see. Wonwoo, who seemed to be enjoying his conversation with Vernon and Mingyu, finally saw me from a distance. His eyes locked on mine as a sweet yet faint smile appeared on his face. He must've known I was looking for Jaeho because he kept his distance, not advancing toward me any further. I returned the soft grin before continuing through the crowd.

After some time of looking around, there was still no sight of Jaeho. More and more people took part in slow dancing, making it slightly easier to see through the crowds who were left standing, but harder from the constant movement. I suddenly felt a firm grip on my wrist.

"Luka?" I asked, surprised when I saw him.

"Sorry, did you expect someone else?" He asked with a grin.

"Your grip was firm, that's all," I answered.

"Ah, sorry," he said, letting me go.

He looked at me a bit nervously, like he wanted to ask me something. I've seen this look a thousand times before, but I knew his question was going to come out differently.

"Would you like to-"

Before he could finish, I swiftly took his hand and pulled him to dance alongside everyone else. The music was slow yet light. The music being played from the piano sounded happy yet sorrowful to match this difficult evening.

"Have you been able to find Director Lam yet?" He quietly asked while he was poised next to my ear.

"Sadly, no. Have you spoken to any of the staff yet?" I questioned.

"A few, but it led us nowhere. None of them seem to know anything. Even if we beat it out of them, I still don't think they'd know," he answered.

"Keep trying, someone has to know something. Put trackers on each of their cars if you have to. I want everything involving L Corp bugged, I refuse to lose this lead," I firmly stated.

He nodded and lightly squeezed my shoulder as the dance ended, and we parted ways. As the music changed, people surrounding me began switching partners. Their swift movements and constantly moving bodies blocked my view from beyond the crowds. Again, I was pulled away from my concentration by someone. I turned, but this time I found myself in the arms of the person I dreaded seeing.

Jaeho.

A/N: I know this update is superrr late according to timing, I'm so sorry for that. After tomorrow, I'm hoping I can find a stable time to post the next few chapters until the weekend. I hope everyone had a great day!! Much love~ <3