𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕: 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞

Jaehyun POV

I wonder if she's sleeping, I thought as I entered the mansion. I didn't expect to be at the company for so long, it's now 7:45pm. I walked up the large staircase and slowly opened the door to the guest room on the second floor, peeking my head in.

It's... empty?

"Mrs. Jeon," I called out, pulling away from the empty room.

She immediately came from the room down the hall and bowed upon greeting me.

"Mr. Jung?" She questioned.

"The woman that was here earlier today, Ms. Kang, where is she?" I asked sternly.

A small smile grew on her face at the thought of Ms. Kang. She must've treated Mrs. Jeon sweetly for her to be so perky at the mere thought of her.

"Ah," she nodded, "She left this afternoon," she said bluntly.

"She what?!" I asked, feeling shocked.

"Don't worry, Mr. Jung, she was safe. She asked that I apologize on her behalf for such sudden leave. It seemed she had something extremely important to attend to," she finished.

I nodded slowly, "I see."

"Oh! Don't forget to check the dining room table. I'll take my leave now, Mr. Jung," she bowed and walked down the stairs, taking her bag as she left.

"The table?" I mumbled.

I walked back down the stairs and crossed from the living room into the dining room. There, lying on the table, was the white button up shirt I'd used to wrap her feet in the previous night. It was placed on the table, folded nicely after being washed clean and ironed. As I got closer, I noticed a small torn piece of paper resting on top of the shirt.

'We'll meet again.'

I smiled at the small note, letting out a light chuckle.

"Such a tease," I said to myself.

—————————

Earlier that day...

Y/N POV

I placed the small porcelain cup back down on the table as I finished my tea. I quietly got up and took the empty pot and cup to the sink to clean them.

"Oh, Ms. Kang, let me take that for you. You don't have to do the dishes-" she insisted.

"It's alright," I looked back down at the dishes in front of me, a small grin on my face. "I don't mind."

—————————

It's been hours since Jaehyun left. I slowly wandered around the mansion, careful not to snoop in any of the rooms, except for my own. The pain in my feet had subsided after becoming numb from most of the movement. I should probably rest.

I found my way back to the guest room I was staying in, and found a white button up shirt at the edge of the bed. It was wrinkled and covered in dirt, blood, and rubble from my feet the night before. A faint smile grew on my face at the thought of how Jaehyun gingerly wrapped my feet to cover the wounds. I held onto the shirt as I walked out into the hall.

"Mrs. Jeon," I called out.

"Yes, Ms. Kang?" She replied, coming up the stairs to greet me.

"May you guide me to the laundry room, if you don't mind?" I said, sweetly, with a smile on my face.

—————————

I gently folded and placed the washed and freshly ironed shirt on the edge of the dining table. Just as I was about to leave, my phone rang. I picked it up off the table and answered.

"Ace? I was about to check on you and the boys, how's everyone, darling?" I asked.

"They're fine," he said quietly.

"And you?" I questioned, making sure he was okay also.

"I'm fine, A, thank you. Are you alright?" The last three words came out softly, I could sense a hint of worry in his tone.

"I'm doing just fine also. I was told the manor will be repaired in a few days, thankfully I recently bought a second building about an hour away. Is there anything else you need, love?"

I felt as he hesitated on the other line.

"Daisuke, he's being released today," he said bluntly. "They held him an extra day since Luka and I couldn't make it yesterday."

"I see," I replied.

I grabbed the closest piece of paper I could find, tearing an edge off. I quickly wrote on it and placed it on top of the shirt.

"I'll be there soon," I concluded before ending the call.

A/N: Another long chapter, goodness. I hope everyone is staying healthy and positive, even if not, I hope good things come your way soon. Much love~ <3