Chapter 134: Roses

Jaehyun POV

I sat on the rooftop, patiently waiting for Y/N to arrive. I'd been planning this dinner for days before I could finally get everything properly prepped for her. We've been dating? I don't think I can call it dating otherwise I wouldn't have planned tonight. We've been 'flirting' for a couple of months, but kept it private due to obvious circumstances.

Of course, everyone at H.Q. knew of my feelings for her, so getting them to get off their lousy asses and help with the setup wasn't too hard. Everything looked perfect, now all I needed was for her to walk through that rusted ass door and onto this beautiful rooftop.

As if by a miracle, my prayers were finally answered. Seeing her walk through the rusted rooftop door was like seeing her for the first time all over again. The dress I'd ordered for her looked nothing short of stunning on her. It complimented her eyes and figure just as I'd known it would.

I knew the rooftop view would be breathless after getting it set up, but she's truly something else...

Y/N POV

The first immediate thing that caught my eye on the rooftop was the strung-up lights. They were dim enough to give off a warm tone of lighting but bright enough for me to see. Surrounding the border of the rooftop like a balcony were dozens of pots of white hyacinths. They contrasted well with the small vase of three roses sitting on the small dining table. The table was preset with a small, vanilla scented candle resting next to the vase. The aroma was comforting.

Finally, my eyes wandered over to Jaehyun who was standing in the middle of it all. My shocked gaze turned to one of pure joy when he pulled a bouquet of white and red roses from behind his back. His eyes creased, his nose scrunched, and his dimples deepened when he smiled at me.

I approached him, watching as his eyes slowly traveled over my moving figure. It was like he was trying to take a picture of me, simply with his eyes. I could see his look of satisfaction, confident in his skill of buying me luxury clothing. I'd be lying if I said my eyes hadn't done the same. His tux was nicely fitted and accented his muscles from underneath well. His hair was no longer blue as it had been a few months ago. He'd said that he wanted to grow it out, so he did just that. It was now longish and a deep brown to match his eyes. It suited him well.

"For you, beautiful," he stated, handing me the bouquet.

"Thank you, handsome," I smiled in response as I accepted them.

Red roses signify a romantic connection with the person you gift them to.

White roses signify respect toward the person.

Each of these colors held meaning to me in that sense, and he knew that. I could tell this night wasn't going to be anything like the simple late night dinners we'd had in the past, but something more.

I wonder how the night will end...

A/N: Late update? Yes. Slight writers block? Also yes. However, am I happy to be writing? Yes again.

I love you all sm and I'm so proud of you <3

It's been a rough two years, but we've got it. Keep doing whatever it is that makes you happy loves, no matter how frustrated you get or how long it takes. Put your happiness first.

Much love <3