Chapter 46: Stock Party (Pt. 1)

Y/N POV

We approached the large oak doors, bracing ourselves for the evening ahead of us. The moment we stepped inside, the eyes of strangers were locked on us. Tony and Luka separated from us, leaving me and Jaehyun by ourselves. I could hear the women and men near us whispering to each other about us. I began to feel irritated after hearing some of the nasty remarks some of the jealous women were spewing.

Jaehyun must've heard them too because his jaw was clenched. His stern expression turned to a troublesome smirk when he gently put my arm down and slid his arm around my waist instead. I was surprised at first, but soon adjusted to the light feeling of his hand on my waist. I put on my cockiest smile, proud to be beside him.

Keep talking, bitches.

We continued walking into the room, everyone else going back to their own business once we walked past.

"Hey, you know what I just thought about? I also gave you my number on that sheet of paper, and I never got a call nor a text. Care to explain?" I asked quietly with a slight tone.

"Are you seriously trying to start an argument in the middle of a party?" Jaehyun mumbled back.

"Depends, are you really about to make me go consult my ex?" I scoffed.

"You want that information, don't you?"

Before I could answer, we finally reached the rest of NCT who was conversing in a small group.

"You look lovely tonight, Ms. Kang," Jeno said with a sweet smile. "Maybe you'd be willing to dance with me later?"

"We're here on business, Jeno, not to flirt," Jaemin complained.

"I agree," Jaehyun mumbled.

"If all goes well, I'll consider your offer. Sound good?" I offered.

Jeno happily nodded.

"I think we should split, look who I just found," Jisung said, pointing out Jaeho.

I felt a rush of irritation spread throughout my body. Jaehyun gently placed both of his hands on my arms in an attempt to calm me down. He stood behind me, and brought his face close to my ear so I could hear him over the loud sounds of conversation and music surrounding us.

"You got this. I'll be right here."

The warmth of his voice sent a slight shiver down my spine. I wasn't nervous nor was I anxious, but seeing Jaeho made me feel more than just angry. The light squeeze of Jaehyun's hands on my arms and his voice were both comforting to me.

I took a deep breath, making my way over to Jaeho. In a matter of seconds, the once tall arrogant man I had my eyes on, had vanished.

Where did he go?

A/N: Okay so Im kinda stupid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ School starts TOMORROW, but I guess I was so stressed and worried about it that I got the days mixed up. Again, everything I said yesterday is STILL TRUE, and as of now, next chapter is in the making, as I'm still behind on writing it. I hope you're all doing as best you can to stay safe and healthy!! Much love~ <3