Chapter 77: "Dine With Me."

Y/N POV

"How was your trip, Mrs. Kang?" Mrs. Kim asked, helping me from the van.

"It was fine, thank you," bluntly answered, forcing a smile.

She too, forced a weak smile. I was odd that for a woman I had just met, she could already see right through me. The weak yet sympathetic look in her eyes told me she could tell I wasn't prepared to return to the villa, yet showed up here anyway. She walked with me up the steps, opening the large wooden doors for me to enter. My eyes suddenly winded after walking in, and I immediately turned to her.

"Dinner," I began. "Is he-?

"He'll be downstairs whenever you're ready," she reassured, cutting me off.

------------

I gently patted my dress as I made my way down the stairs. I brushed a nicely straightened strand of hair behind my ear, trying to look semi-presentable after looking exhausted. I calmly walked down the stairs, not knowing what, dare I say who, will await me at the dining table.

I entered the dining room, taking a seat at one of the ends. I patiently waited for the Young Master to come down the stairs and enter to dine with me.

Dine with me... why does it sound as if I was the one who'd asked him to join me?

"The young master will be entering soon," Mrs. Kim stated, forcing a small smile as she said so.

I faintly smiled at her in response.

Before long, I'd finally heard the soft sound of the heels of dress shoes tapping against the wooden stairs as he made his way down. I watched as a tall, lean, and well built figure came through the entryway. My eyes widened at the sight of the unnamed man before me.

Why does he seem so familiar..?