Chapter 126: "Wait for me."

Jaehyun POV

I glanced up from my work as Taeyong entered the room. I didn't say a word nor make a sound as he quietly entered before closing the door behind him. He silently walked across the room before sitting across from my desk to face me.

"I made a mistake," He bluntly said.

I stopped what I was doing, forcing my eyes to meet his.

"What do you-"

"You were happy," he began, "and I failed to acknowledge it. I chose to ignore the smile you once wore. I can't apologize on Jaemin and Jeno's behalf, however, I apologize for leading you to believe that leaving her behind was best for you."

I stared at him for a moment, unable to say anything as I thoroughly thought out his statement.

"I appreciate your apology," I said, looking back down at my work, "but the damage is already done."

"You don't think she'll give you a second chance?" Taeyong asked, furrowing his brows.

"Why would she?" I retorted. "Taeyong, one of the last things she asked me was 'what are we.' The day we received those calls, I had it planned out. We'd simply get time to talk amongst ourselves, and I'd make things official. I just wanted to be sure that what Y/N really wanted was us..."

I paused before continuing.

"But seeing as I was able to make the choice to break her heart so seemingly easy, I realized maybe I should've been the one to make sure I was ready to drop everything for her-"

"Stop blaming yourself," He spoke, cutting me off. "We all know you'd drop the world if it meant giving all that space in your arms to her. I should've thought it out longer before agreeing with Jaemin. You took our words like orders, not requests."

I nodded, realizing how right he was.

"So, what now?" I asked after a small moment of silence.

"Talk to her. I know she won't want to, but I also know you'll do everything you can to get her to listen to what you have to say at the least," He answered. "You have to do it within the next hour though, once 6:30 hits, you're screwed."

"What's happening at 6:30?" I questioned, raising a brow.

"She'll be meeting with Jaeho."

I immediately stood from the desk, already feeling angry.

"What?!" I shouted.

That bastard-!

"Hold on, sit down," Taeyong said, letting out a small laugh at my fuming irritation. "You don't even know where she is."

I softened my gaze, grabbing my car keys from my desk.

"Where?" Was the only word I could seem to get out without cursing.

"The mini bar a few blocks down from L Corp," He stated. "Renjun and Ten are keeping an eye on her through the cams within the area, but you better hurry."

"I will."

With that, I hurriedly left my office, getting to my car as quickly as possible.

It's 4:45... will I make it in time?

Please, wait for me Y/N.