Chapter 131: Belated Box

NOTICE: This notice will be deleted once the next chapter is published, but for those of you who had read the previous chapter, please go back and look just below the authors note (only if you want to ofc)

Enjoy <3

Y/N POV

"No need to work overtime since I'll be staying late. You may go home with the others, Miss Choi."

"Thank you, Ms Kang," She thanked with a sweet smile.

I turned my head toward her, flashing a simple grin and a nod. She exited my office, and I turned back toward the large bouquet of flowers that were left at my desk. I stood before them, sorting through them as I clipped the bottoms of the stems so they'd flourish in the days to come. I lifted one of the flowers from the vase, noticing a slim piece of paper tied to it.

I had been looking for some kind of tag on them earlier, but my attempts were fruitless as I had found nothing at the time. A small smirk grew on my face as I snipped the small string to detach the note from the flower.

             'Thought these would brighten up your office a bit, and hopefully distract from the hole in the wall after Luka fell.

               I hope these will suffice for not getting you roses on that so called 'date' when we first met.

              Ask Mrs. Choi for the bag she was handed earlier this morning, I hope you like it.

                                                                                                                                                                       J.'

I slightly frowned at the last sentence, and immediately set the note down, rushing to the. I was startled to see Yuri on the other side, about to knock just seconds before I had opened it. My eyes widened, and I stiffly readjusted my posture before her.

"Mrs. Choi, I was just about to come see if you'd left yet," I said awkwardly, clearing my throat.

"Ah," She laughed nervously. "I forgot to hand you this. I'd forgotten it underneath my desk after Mr. Suh asked me to hold onto it."

She handed me a large bag from a designer store. I didn't recognize the branding on the design of the shopping bag, so I furrowed my brows and turned to her.

"Oh! I figured you wouldn't recognize it, so I asked Mr. Suh where the brand was from," She explained. "NCT Industries's chinese unit recently announced they were releasing new branding items."

She gestured toward the large W & V on the bag.

"Clothing?" I questioned.

Yuri shrugged, also unsure of the contents of the bag. I nodded and accepted the gift, bidding her goodbye as she exited the office. I took the large bag back to my desk, removing a large black box from the decorative wrapping paper inside. I removed the lid, and the second I saw what was inside, my jaw dropped.

He sure knows how to outdo himself...

But it's perfect.