Chapter 121: Priority

Y/N POV

I heard a hard, unintentionally loud knock on my office door. After last night, at first I'd assumed it was Luka who had come back for a second round of arguing. It took me a minute to realize he wouldn't do such a thing on company property. I eventually assumed from how loud it was, it was Tony.

"Come in," I said aloud.

He slowly opened the door before entering and closing it behind him. I didn't look up at him, but simply chose to wait for him to sit down in front of me.

"Luka told me about what happened," Tony softly stated. "Are you-"

"If you're going to ask whether I'm okay or not, you're wasting your breath. I'm fine," I said clearly, focusing on the stack of work before me. "I appreciate the concern, but is there anything else?"

I heard him heave a small sigh before he got comfortable in the chair.

"I know you're upset, and I know any of us are probably the last people you want to speak to, but I hope you realize I was against his decision."

His words made me stop what I was doing, choosing to finally look up at him.

"He had a point, yes. Some of the Shades chose to agree with him, yes, but Daisuke, Ace, and I chose to disagree on your behalf," He explained. "I apologize for Luka, seeing you happy is all any of us want, but I think the thought of your safety comes first for him. We all want you safe, but he'd tear the entire planet apart if it ever posed a threat to you."

I managed a small laugh, knowing that what he was saying was true. Luka has always been protective over me, and he's always put my safety before anyone else's. I think he only used the Shades as an excuse for me to pay better attention to what he was saying.

A moment of silence passed between me and Tony, as he knew, I was taking a minute to absorb his words. He soon reached over the desk, and placed his large hand over mine, taking it within his grasp. For a second, the gesture was sweet. It seemed so harmless and gentle, but then I was hit with a ping of guilt once I saw the look in his eyes.

"I know you want to see him," He began, "and I won't stop you from doing so. Just promise me that no matter what, the decisions you make will be your own, and you'll choose happiness over the rest of us."

'Just promise me that no matter what... you'll choose happiness over the rest of us.' Those words stuck to my mind, and hit me in a way I didn't expect them to. It took every fiber of my being for me to keep the tears that were building up within my eyes from running down my face. It took my every last nerve to refrain from blurting the words 'I'm sorry' to him.

Why?

Because the look in his eyes wasn't just any look. It pained him to see me choose someone over him, and he hid that as well as he could for as long as he could. While he's never been a man of many words, he entered this office knowing I'd be unwilling to speak to him, and chose to comfort me.

He chose to prioritize my happiness over his own.

"I will," I finally answered, holding back tears.

"I promise I will."

A/N: They're finally free.

I'm going to miss the comebacks, the ridiculous interviews, the memorable stage performances, as well as the beautiful songs that sound nothing short of perfect with the seven of them. While it's somewhat sad, I'm happy knowing GOT7 will be happy, and finally begin new chapters of their lives while they're still young.

"Stop asking me about leaving GOT7 my lovely people, it's not even a question, homies ride forever, it's not about a contract, it's about a relationship, a friendship, on top of all, a true family."

- Jackson Wang

#GOT7FOREVER 💚