Chapter 75: Nerves

Y/N POV

I stopped before him, gazing deep into his eyes. I could hardly see through the heavy drops of water dripping over my lashes, and I could tell his sight was affected also.

He looked hesitant, almost as if the thought of my figure standing before him seemed unreal. This entire day, I didn't understand why the few people I'd seen reacted the way they did. I've hardly been gone for 24 hours, but as I stared deep into Jaehyun's eyes, I understood.

It wasn't how long I was gone, but the thought of what might've happened to me if I'd been gone any longer.

I can see it now.

If it were Jaehyun who'd gone with that group of men, my reaction would've been no different. If I hadn't had found his location within the hour, I would've tossed the entire city upside down.

All this, for the fear of not knowing whether he'll be okay or not.

Is this what feeling for someone is like?

The sudden thought hit me as we stood frozen in time. Though the rain hadn't stopped, it had felt as though everything else surrounding us did.

Maybe.. I suppose when you like someone, the time without them passes much longer than the time spent in their company.

——————

"Mrs. Jeon, could you please give us a moment," Jaehyun said bluntly, handing me a towel for my damp hair.

Mrs. Jeon bowed and exited the room, heading upstairs as she did so. Jaehyun had long changed his shirt after bringing me inside. I took a seat beside him on the sofa, a blanket of silence falling over us.

He sat with his legs spread apart, leaning forward, and thinking with his hands folded. He looked like a father trying to figure out how to lecture his child. I remained silent, trying to find the courage to speak.

I deeply inhaled, finally wanting to speak, but Jaehyun stopped me.

"You can't stay long, can you?"

A/N: I wonder what this chapter and last chapter have in common..?  Much love~ ♥︎