Chapter 120: Forgive Me

Meanwhile, at NCT H. Q.

Jaehyun POV

"What the hell are you getting at Jaemin?"

"She's got you wrapped around her finger Jae, don't you understand that? Countless times, you've been willing to throw everything down on the line for HER. You've gone soft, for HER. This isn't who you used to be, and this isn't going to work if this continues. We were happy to see you happy for a short while, but we think it's time you end things with her," he explained.

"Leave her out of this!!" I scolded. "None of this is her fault, and you KNOW that."

"I'm not saying she caused any of this," he argued. "All I'm saying is your head's been MIA, and we need you to get back in the game."

"If I was that far gone, Taeyong would've said something by now-"

"That's not the point, you're missing what I'm saying. People are beginning to question her authority over the split territories of the city, and our own. It won't go down well if this recklessness continues," He made apparent. "I'm just saying what everyone's thinking, whether you listen or not is up to you."

With that, he exited the conference room, leaving me standing there in a state of confusion and irritation.

Is that really what everyone's thinking? Have I really been so lenient?

"I hate to say it, but he's right."

I turned around and saw Jeno standing in the open doorway, leaning against the doorframe.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked, trying to get rid of the tone in my voice.

"Long enough," He answered, stepping into the room, and closing the door behind him.

I watched as he stepped further inside before pulling up a chair to sit down. I followed his movements, taking a seat near him.

"Johnny brought it to my attention that you've seemed distracted lately... especially in Ms. Kang's absence," He stated. "I figured we'd see if things change once we got her back safely, but tonight was the final straw for the guys. Seeing you happy for a short while was nice for a change, but things are different now. They're more intense. We need you back on track before things get out of hand."

I didn't say a word, something in me realizing that maybe he was right.

Maybe Jaemin was right.

"As for the PD, we've noticed a slight rise in crime in our usual patrolling areas," He continued. "They're testing us, and we both know Taeyong won't be happy in the slightest if it continues."

"Jeno, sometimes I think you forget you're a prosecutor, not a detective," I joked.

"Shut up."

The two of us briefly laughed, but I then nodded, beginning to understand his reasoning.

"You might be right," I mumbled.

I stood from the chair, adjusting my suit before walking toward the door.

"I'll speak with Taeyong later, and issue an apology," I stated before pausing. "It won't happen again."

Though the words pained me, I said the only thing I could think of to hopefully put Jeno's mind at ease. I know my final statement will eventually reach everyone else, so to continue arguing would be useless.

I'm so sorry, Y/N... Please forgive me.

A/N: Bruh I'm upset with myself for hurting my own feelings with these last two chapters...
I'm so sorry (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')