Chapter 107: "Little Home."

Y/N POV

It's late, he should've come out by now...

I slowly paced back and forth by a tree outside NCT Industries company building, waiting for Jaehyun to come outside.

I was used to his schedule from the brief time I'd worked here.

I continued pacing, but immediately stopped once I noticed someone staring at me. I slowly turned to see who it was, and I found myself freezing up for a slight moment.

Standing in front of me was the very man I'd awaited most to see for the past month and a half. I know for some people it may not seem or feel as though it was a very long time, but it did to me. We'd spent so little time being together, that being apart for even the smallest amount of time felt like an eternity.

I felt a small smile grow onto my face the longer I looked at him.

"Hey handsome, miss me?"

His shocked stare turned to a large smile, revealing the deep dimples on each of his cheeks, and his crescent moon eyes. His smile widened to the point where I could now clearly see the little scrunch in his nose as he did so. We began walking toward the other, soon picking up pace. He dropped his briefcase just as I'd gotten to him so he could lift me into his arms as we hugged. Neither of us could help but laugh a little. His hold on my waist tightened as he placed me back onto the ground so we could continue hugging.

He felt so warm... so safe.

"I missed you so much..." He mumbled in a low tone beside my ear.

I missed his voice.

"I missed you too, love," I answered.

------------

"I'm stunned that you were away for a month and still managed to find out more than any of us have since before you were gone," he said quietly.

I nodded, finishing up the soup I'd ordered.

After our little hug session outside the company building, we decided to grab a meal together. We chose a little restaurant not far from where I live. The name of it translates to "Little Home." The name sure suits the restaurant well since all the dishes here are a form of comfort food for me. It felt nice to finally sit down and have a meal with him.

It felt like forever since we'd last done so.

A/N: First off, thank you everyone so much for 50K reads, I can't express how happy I am that many of you enjoy reading my story, even the boring chapters. ♥︎

Second, I want to remind everyone of today's date, even if you're unaware of the person I'm about to mention. On this day, three years ago, heaven gained another angel. Kim Jonghyun was a member of SHINee, and throughout his life, he worked so so hard. So many people, including myself, are so proud of his accomplishments before his passing.

You've done well, Jonghyun, we're more proud than words can express. It's okay to rest now.

Rest In Peace always, angel, you're greatly missed, appreciated, and loved ♥︎

Kim Jonghyun
April 8, 1990 - December 18, 2017

Kim JonghyunApril 8, 1990 - December 18, 2017