Chapter 61: Prisoner

Y/N POV

I'm afraid I'm falling in love with the very man who was an enemy to me, but now an ally. The man who was supposed to remain nothing but a stranger to me.

I brought my head down, slightly bending down to turn off the shower water.

The purpose of joining their company was to find out whether they were involved in bringing in watch outs from the unanimous shootings, not to get close to their director. My second goal was to find out who was in their mafia group, not go on a date with one of them.

The more I thought about how confusingly awful this situation was, the more frustrated I felt.

Then I thought back to the first time we met. The ever-so-attractive suit he wore, the smirk, and the look he gave me. Then the night of the shootout when he gave me a place to stay and bandaged my feet. The time be left an expensive diamond necklace on my front doorstep as an apology, when we got stuck in the rain and spent the night doing things normal people do instead of focusing on the investigation....

The night I met all of NCT, and the night of the stock party when he took me to the garden... All these beautiful moments erased the upsetting thoughts from my mind, putting me at ease.

Damnit, Y/N...

————————

Y/N POV

I quietly cascaded down the stairs, the small heels on my feel hardly making a sound against the wood. The dress Mrs. Kim had given me was truly lovely, I hadn't expected this 'young master' to have such nice taste. I strolled through the living room plaza, and around the corner into the dining room and kitchen.

The dining room was much larger than it had looked from the front door. I admired the lovely view outside through a window near the table. The sun was bright and the sky was clear. Such a bright sun is rare when it's cold.

"Ah, Ms. Kang, you're here," Mrs. Kim happily greeted me.

She glanced my way, flashing a smile. I nodded and returned the small grin. I took my place at the dining table, focusing on the lovely outside through the window.

After about eight minutes of silence, Mrs. Kim was finished preparing this morning's meal. Just as she'd set the dish down in front of me, I spoke.

"Is there a garden?" I softly asked.

"A garden?" She echoed.

I slowly pulled my eyes away from the window to face her. I slightly nodded with a faint smile on my face. She took a moment to think. Her hesitation told me there was a garden, and whether she chose to tell me or not, I was going to find it.

"There is," she paused, "but only the young master visits it."

I took a moment to think.

"Would he be willing to allow me to spend the day there? If I'm unable to visit the hospital?" I asked.

Mrs. Kim's eyes filled with sympathy and sorrow as she stared down at me. My words came out so soft and so calm it broke her heart into pieces knowing that neither of us could cover up the fact I was indeed a hostage.

A prisoner.

A/N: I'll have to admit, I think this is one of my favorite chapters by far. In writing the first half, and after rereading it while I was proofreading, I felt bad for Angel myself. The struggle in choosing to stay close to Jaehyun or push him away has yet to be decided. More has yet to be revealed, and much more has yet to unfold. I have lots in store for this story, and I hope you enjoy the many chapters to come. Much love~ <3