𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞

Y/N POV

When I looked back at the handsome stranger in front of me, he laughed as looked down, unraveling a small piece of paper. He held up the piece of paper with my writing on it, smiling.

"Ah, so you kept it?" I asked, teasingly.

I went to reach for the paper, but he pulled it away. I stumbled forward a bit, falling into his arms. Oops. My shoes were gone since one of the heels snapped. I was standing barefoot on the tough debris beneath us. Once he noticed, he sighed and picked me up off my feet, bridal style. Tony's protective instincts kicked in, and he immediately stepped forward to challenge the man holding me. Luka held onto his shoulder, keeping him back. He realized he wasn't a threat.

He sat me in one of his vans, kneeling town to examine my scratched up feet.

"Silly girl," he mumbled.

He pulled off his tie and asked one of his men for a coat, that he then placed around my shoulders.

"Do you have a place to stay for the night?" He asked.

"Not in this country," I said with a teasing smile.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"Your men can stay in one of our mansions if they're comfortable with it, I promise no harm will befall them," he stated.

He seemed sincere, so I nodded in response. I ordered Tony to respectfully take the Shades back to the vans and follow wherever these men went. I began to get up, ready to ride with Tony and Luka, but was immediately placed back inside the van.

"Where do you think you're going, beautiful?" He asked with a smile on his face.

I returned the look, playing his game.

"Well where else would I be going? I need a place to stay too, don't I?" I replied.

He paused and shook his head in response, "That won't do."

"Oh?" I questioned with a smirk.

He looked at me and smiled. Before he could answer, someone caught his attention.

"Jaehyun! We don't have time for flirting, either take her with you or leave her with us," a man with white hair and a black undercut said.

Ah, Jaehyun.. so that's your name? How lovely.

"I finally know your name," I mumbled.

"Pardon?" He asked.

"It's nothing," I said, waiting for him to answer the man with white hair.

"She's coming with me, Yuta," he said, winking at me. "Take the others to the mansion downtown, I'll see you at HQ tomorrow morning."

The man with white hair, Yuta, nodded at Jaehyun's response.

"You think you can stand the debris in your feet for a bit longer?" He asked me, tenderly wrapping my feet in a spare shirt he had lying on the seat of the van.

"Mhm," I hummed.

————————

"So you were saying?" I asked him while he drove.

"Hm?" He asked.

"The note," I reminded him.

"Oh, yeah," he chuckled. "I'm sorry we couldn't have met on that day you wrote down, y'know," he cleared his throat, "in better circumstances."

"I think meeting like this was fine," I disagreed.

"How so?" He asked, looking at me from the rear view mirror.

"Well, if we'd gone on that 'date,' this entire 'lifestyle' would've been kept secret on both sides, am I right?"

He chuckled and nodded a 'yeah' in response.

"Plus riding with you like this is nice," I said quietly, looking out the window.

"Is it? I could've driven you home like this after meeting properly too," he paused for a moment. "So it was a date," he quietly said, smiling to himself.

I smiled also, slowly drifting asleep as time passed.

A/N: I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the story so far :) I apologize for being slow when updating my stories, it'll be that way until I can find a good time to come up with consistent updates, but as of now I'll try to update daily :)) (Also, yes, this is punch era yuta, all characters except for jaehyun are set for that era) Much love~ <3