Chapter 21: Luka

Y/N POV

It's been two weeks since the shootout. After a few days of being away from the manor, the glass and bullet holes were finally repaired, and we moved back. To ensure the new manor remained in good condition, I sent new recruits and a few of the higher ranked Shades to stay there.

Tomorrow is my interview at NCT Industries. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but I knew it was something that needed to be done.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my room door opening. I watched as Luka let himself in, making himself comfortable on my bed.

"How are your feet?" Luka asked from the foot of my bed.

"Fine," I responded, taking off the wraps.

"Nice toes, small foot. The chipped paint is a really good look on you," he commented with a grin.

I laughed, throwing the wraps at him.

"Are you nervous?" He suddenly asked.

"Is that even a question?" I asked, still focused on my feet.

"So is that a yes?" He asked, jokingly.

"Luka-!" I held my hand up, threatening to hit him.

Luka is one of the few people in my life I'm comfortable enough to be 100% myself around. I've always felt comfortable around him. He always knows how to lighten the mood and make me laugh, even in the worst of situations. I've never had to worry about him judging me.

He's really grown into a man over the years. His current dark brown roots and dyed blonde hair is a good look for him. It used to be jet black and awfully cut when he was younger. He used to blame it on Daisuke, but I knew it was his doing. His smile, however, has never been tainted. When he smiles, his beautiful wide eyes turn into thin crescent moons. His lips curve upward and a small dimple is visible on the right side of his face. One of the best smiles I've ever seen.

He's much taller than me and built well. His broad shoulders look great in suits. He isn't largely muscle, like Tony, but that's one of the things I like about him. He's thin, but very strong. Despite these 'man-like' changes, his actions remain childish. He likes to tease Tony all the time, but that usually gets him a bruise somewhere. Tony is slightly taller than he is, so he likes to buff out his chest in front of Tony, mocking him. He'll even go so far as to throw playful punches at Tony, but it usually doesn't end well. I can say, without a doubt, that Luka is definitely one of my favorites. As flirtatious as he can be, I adore him no less.

"Kidding!! I'm kidding! You can put your baby hands down now, A," he chuckled. "Seriously though, if it makes it you uneasy, we can always-"

"I'm not going out with you, Luka," I sternly responded.

"I wasn't gonna suggest that," he paused, "... this time."

The two of us laughed.

"I'm a little nervous," I finally admitted, "but I'll be okay."

"I know you will, I understand that now," he reassured. "Plus you've got me as backup," he proudly stated, flexing his firm biceps.

I threw a pillow his way, laughing.

"Thanks Luka," I said, looking down at my hands.

"For?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Making me feel less nervous," I said, looking up to face him.

"Anytime," he said, innocently smiling.

A moment of silence passed before Luka spoke again.

"Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too."

A/N: The way I think of Luka is similar to Gong Myung and I think Daisuke would look like 'Loren,' (Lee Seungjoo), even though L and D are Japanese and have dimples <3