Chapter 139: Bedroom

Y/N POV

Jaehyun opened the room door to me, revealing the large, condo-like room inside. I can't say I was shocked at how beautiful it was since I've stayed at similar places before, but it was still stunning nonetheless. I looked back at Jae, as he was now locking the door to the room. He glanced over at me with a smile as I continued to make myself at home.

"All this space, just for us to sleep in the same bed?" I asked, lifting a brow with a grin.

"Why don't you go into the bedroom and see for yourself?" He replied.

"You-"

"No, no, really," He laughed, pointing in the direction of the master bedroom. "Something is waiting for you in there."

"Is it more flowers?" I asked.

He didn't answer but shrugged his shoulders instead. I looked at him, slightly confused, but walked into the bedroom anyway. There, lying on the bed were two controllers in the shape of steering wheels. I looked over at the TV in front of it and let out a loud cackle.

This man planned for us to play Mario Kart for the night.

"Do you like it?" He laughed, walking into the room.

"I haven't played in years," I said, examining the controllers in awe.

"I figured you hadn't," he continued. "I might've done some asking around over at Angel manor while you were working, and this was the best thing I got. I figured you didn't want me collecting a shit ton of snails to help you relive a childhood memory."

My hand shot to my mouth as I smiled wide, nearly laughing.

"Oh my god, did Luka tell you about that?" I asked.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Daisuke gave better details about that than he did. What made you collect those poor things?"

"I'm not sure," I grinned. "My uncle used to say I had a snail and frog addiction. God, I haven't thought about that for years. What else did they tell you?"

Jaehyun sat down on the bed and began semi-awkwardly laughing.

"Just spit it out, should I be embarrassed or not?"

"You tell me, beautiful," he laughed. "Did you really think that worker was waving at you?"

"Did Tony really-"

"Yup."

My face slightly heated up from embarrassment, recalling the moment.

"Listen," I laughed. "I was thirteen and he was a good-looking young man. I still can't believe I waved back before realizing his coworker was not far behind me."

"The secondhand embarrassment radiating off of you is killing me, Y/N," He smiled.

"Oh, hush. So of all the things, I'm sure they bombarded you with, what made you pick Mario Kart?" I questioned.

"I figured it could be a good bonding experience," He said innocently, taking one of the controllers in his hands, and handing me the other. "I might be a little rusty also, and the competition should keep things lively."

"Don't lie to me, handsome, I know you and all 22 of your friends battle it out when it comes to Mario Kart and combat games," I scoffed, taking the controller and sitting beside him.

"I'm serious!" He grinned. "I usually spectate unless one of them decides to talk shit, then I go all in."

"Mhm," I hummed, setting the controller down beside me. "Let's get ready for bed and in more comfortable clothes first before we start screaming at each other over banana peels.

"Alright."

"I'll shower first," I stated, walking toward the bathroom.

"Oh?" Jaehyun smirked. "Mind if I join you-"

"Shut up and be good," I said, closing and locking the door before he could finish.

I could hear him laughing outside the door, meanwhile, I was a slightly blushing mess cowering on the bathroom floor.

He's done so much for me today... I haven't felt butterflies like this in a long time.

A/N: My pms are open if you'd like to chat or have any story requests. I'm thinking of creating an "imagines" book since it would be easier for me to write scenarios, and easier for you all to access short stories with your favs. Plus, I feel like I have so many drafts just sitting and waiting to be shared but I'm trying not to impulsively publish XD That way once this story is finished, I can focus on M. U. and make time for scenarios. I've gotten a few requests for a Wonwoo or svt related story, so if I end up doing it, that'll probably be one of the first imagines getting published.

I wish you all the happiest <3 much love~