Chapter 117: Talk

Y/N POV

I sat quietly in the back of the van beside Tony as Luka drove. I felt like a little girl who'd just been scolded for doing something wrong all over again, except this time, there wasn't a single word said to me.

Just silence.

Deep down, I'd wished, begged, and pleaded that Luka would have said something, anything, in the loudest tone possible, but instead he said nothing.

His silence alone was worse than any yelling.

He knows he can't say certain things because of my authority over him, but at that moment, I didn't care about the position I held.

I cared about how late I'd been.

I must've been ridiculous to think that I'd be able to spend a day without having to worry about anything aside from my mafia and the company.

I felt awful for letting my guard down, and chose to remain silent the entire ride back to the second manor while the other had to be repaired, yet again.

-------------

I sat quietly in my built-in office, finishing up paperwork from the company before trying to think of anything else. After being gone for a month and a half, I had tons of work to catch up on.

I broke my eyes away from the ink on the pages before me when I heard a knock at the door. I glanced up at it, mumbling a small "come in," before focusing back on my work. I didn't have to look up a second time to know the man who'd just walked through that door was Luka.

His footsteps were the lightest sounding of the five of us.

Tony's were the heaviest, Ace's always had a slight heel sound to them, no matter what pair of shoes he wore, and Daisuke never made a single sound when he walked.

"A..."

I set my pen down, locking my eyes with Luka's, focusing on whatever it was he'd wanted to say.

"I think we should talk."