Chapter 101: Cover Story

Y/N POV

"You're telling me you figured all this out in the span of a month??" Luka asked, looking surprised.

Tony and I nodded in unison.

"And what about the boy and the footage from the hospital?" Taeyong asked.

"The footage was useless once we realized the memory card had been wiped," I answered. "As for the boy..."

I glanced over at Tony, waiting for him to say something about him. All he did was avoid eye contact.

This little shit-

"Angel?" Taeyong asked.

"Ah, sorry," I said, politely turning back toward him. "Ryoto and Tony interrogated the boy and left him to live. As for information, we didn't get much out of him. I can only assume they chose to not tell him much since he's young."

"He's a liability," Taeyong stated, understanding my statement. "That would make sense."

I slowly nodded. My eyes glanced over their faces as Luka and Taeyong contemplated my statement. I watched as Taeyong's eyes slightly widened when they locked with mine.

"When are you going to see Jaehyun-?"

"Soon," I immediately answered, cutting him off. "I don't want a word of this meeting or my return to leave this room. You said it's been quiet since I've left, correct?" I asked, looking at Luka.

He nodded.

"Nothing else has happened since the shootout at the hospital," he said.

"Good," I said sternly. "Let's keep it that way. I feel as though that if word of my "return" got out, it could cause another relapse of previous events."

"Especially now that we know it isn't A that these people are after," Tony said, finishing my statement.

"Exactly," I agreed. "Plus the press has no clue I even left in the first place. As far as the public is concerned, 'I went on a hiatus due to a personal matter'. Let that be the cover story if any word of my return comes out. I know the reporters will drown me with questions if they find out I was gone for so much as two hours."

They all nodded in agreement.

A/N: This chapter wasn't very exciting so here's a picture of our Dimple Boi ♥︎