Chapter 83: Plead

Y/N POV

The night of the first shootout, most of the Shades staying in Angel manor were out, leaving Ace, Daisuke, Luka and a few bodyguards and rookies at the manor. Of all the people to have been hit, not a single body guard at front had even been so much as skimmed by a bullet, yet Daisuke, who was protected behind the wooden frames of the windows, had managed to be shot in the side.

"Ugh, why didn't I think of that sooner?" I quietly said aloud.

A sniper.

A shot taken at Daisuke's side, from where he was hit, there had to have been someone at the roof of a nearby building... someone who wouldn't have been seen on security cameras.

"First was Daisuke, second was..."

Tony.

The man who's been at my side my entire life, and the man I once loved more than anything. The man I willingly gave up for the better of both of us, and for the sole reason that we both knew that no time would ever be the right time.

Meeting the right person... at the wrong time.

Have... Jaehyun and I possibly met at the wrong time also..?

If the target is people I'm close to, wouldn't it be better to distance myself from those whom I care for most?

I shook my head, as if it would help to get rid of the thoughts I didn't want to acknowledge.

Both Daisuke and Tony are still alive, but if they're the main targets, why has nothing else happened yet?

I thought this through, and it didn't take me long to realize that Daisuke is the only one who hasn't been alone for hardly a second since his injury, whereas Tony was currently stuck in a hospital bed... alone.

I jumped from the bed, not bothering to change or put on a different pair of clothes or shoes. I ran down the steps in nothing but my undergarments and a large t-shirt that was given to me by Mrs. Kim until I was able to get more clothes for my stay here. I didn't bother trying to be quiet as my feet hit every step.

I finally reached the entrance, throwing the door open without bothering to close it. I was semi far from any main roads, but that didn't matter. I ran barefoot down the steps on the pavement, and down the street until I was finally able to see a pair of headlights. Thankfully, to my surprise, it was a taxi. I must've looked like a madwoman to run down an empty street with hardly anything on and no shoes.

"Take me to Nam Hospital, please, as fast as you can," I requested, catching my breath.

My best friend's life could be in danger.

A/N: Oof I spazzed while writing these next few chapters ಠ_ಠ I hope you still enjoy them
Much Love~ ♥︎