Chapter 53: "We'll meet again."

WARNING: This chapter has mention of guns and violence, please read at your own risk

Y/N POV

Jaehyun took a few steps closer, reaching for my arm, but my next move stopped him. He froze in place when I clicked my gun, ready to shoot.

"Don't do this," he quietly said. "We can always find another way."

"That's exactly why I'm willing to do this," I confidently stated with a small smile. "I know you'll find a way back to me, even if I don't come to you first."

His eyes held a look of sadness deep within them, stinging from my words. He knew I was right, and he knew there was nothing he could do about it. Jaehyun took a few steps back, signaling he was going to allow me to do whatever I had to. I turned back toward Mr. Choi, heaving a cocky sigh while grinning slightly.

"Well? Do we have a deal, Mr. Choi? Or should I pay a visit to your lovely family?" I calmly stated, standing impatiently. "You can either take me alive, or you can take a lifeless body. The choice is yours."

He stared at me nervously, trying to decide what to do next. I'm sure this part of his operation was uncalled for, so whatever he did next must've been outside of  what he was ordered to do. I watched as he shut his eyes, painfully choosing to agree to my deal.

"Let them go," he mumbled, dropping his hands to his sides.

I kept my gun firmly pointed to my head while watching the four men shove Wonwoo and Luka forward. Wonwoo thanked me with his eyes, trying to cover up the obvious look of sadness. Luka, on the other hand, looked at me as though he was pleading for me not to go. I simply grinned at him softly, gently wiping away the small tears that had escaped from his pained eyes.

I don't think I've ever seen him cry before. Maybe once or twice, but never like this. The few tears that had managed to escape his glossy eyes broke my heart into a thousand pieces. The last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt him.

He means so much to me.

I turned around, my back facing Mr. Choi. I looked over to Luka and Wonwoo, my gaze turning to a soft yet serious one.

"Take Tony to the hospital," I said softly. "Make sure Mr. Lee is informed of his condition after you get there."

The two of them nodded, helping Tony up and hoisting his bulky arm over Wonwoo's shoulder. I turned to Jaehyun, faintly smiling at him. His brows were slightly furrowed, and his eyes looked nothing short of sad. He looked as if the entire world was coming down and his heart was breaking. I softened my look before dropping my gun and holding my hands up in surrender.

In a matter of seconds, the men behind me had grabbed me and had me detained with my hands behind my back so I couldn't resist. Jaehyun flinched at the sudden movements since they were aggressive with how they handled me. I could tell he was trying hard not to shoot them. I kept a small smile on my face while they pulled me away from him. Before they could throw me into one of their vans, I managed to mouth reassuring words that held much meaning to Jaehyun:

"We'll meet again."