Chapter 81: Sleep Well

Y/N POV

"My apologies, did I hear you correctly?" I laughed.

Ryoto nodded, looking serious. I regained my composure, looking at him cautiously.

"Why?"

"Because I have information you might want, Ms. Kang," he stated, slowly walking out of the dining room.

"Oh?" I asked, walking somewhat behind him as we entered the main entry hall.

I watched as his tall figure effortlessly strolled across the room, stopping at the foot of the large sofa before he sat down. I studied his facial expression as I too, headed toward the sofa. His faint smile had long faded, I could tell he was nothing short of serious.

"I've no doubt you're aware that it was most of my men whom you'd encountered the night of NCT's stocks party," he began. "But even though we were able to closely imitate the attackers from the recent shootings, we aren't them."

"Hold, on, give me a moment to backtrack before you continue," I said, thinking over his words. "You said most, so some of the men there-?"

"No, some of them weren't any of mine," he calmly stated. "I could only assume they worked directly for my client. That's why there was gunfire and the shooting broke out in my absence. I was only paid to get you out of there for the time being."

His words weighed heavily on my mind.

"I wasn't able to review the latest footage due to my being here, but you're saying the recent shootings had nothing to do with you and your mob?" I questioned, wanting to make sure everything checked out.

"Mm," he nodded.

"How can I trust what you're saying?" I bluntly asked.

He paused for a moment, thinking of the right words to say. He could easily be giving me false information that could later cause damage to all of us.

"You don't have to," he said quietly. "But I'm really hoping you choose to."

I didn't take my eyes off of his calm expression as the two of us sat in a moment of silence.

"I should be heading to bed soon," I finally said, standing.

Ryoto nodded, watching as I stood, making my way towards the stairs.

"Sleep well, Ms. Kang."

"You too, Mr. Baek."

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 13K READS!!!

Please read the following paragraphs:

I don't want any confusion, but Y/N's cover name, "Angel," does not come from my display name. Originally, Y/N's cover name idea had come before I had changed my name. I currently use "Angel" as a pen name for my stories, writing, and artwork. The name holds meaning to me, and is much easier to sign when coming to my signature. The reason I state this is because I don't want any of you to think "Ah, how selfish, she used her user in the story," when it's not like that. Again, the name for the story came first, the idea for it being my signature came second. I hope this clears up any possible misunderstandings if anyone else had noticed.

Aside from that, I appreciate you all so much more than you could ever know. Your comments and support for this story so far have really helped me become more confident in my writing. We've come such a long way already for this story, and I don't plan on ending this mafia journey anytime soon. I hope you're all doing well and staying safe.

Much love always~ ♥︎