𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝

Y/N POV

"Is it poisoned?" I asked jokingly, in a serious tone.

I looked up from the plate of food he prepared for me, staring deep into his dark brown eyes. He chuckled in response, shoveling another spoonful into his mouth.

"I'm offended you'd think so lowly of me," he retorted, sarcastically, after swallowing.

"You're a stranger," I bluntly stated.

"A handsome stranger," he responded.

I looked up at him as he did the same. He winked with an innocent smile on his face, proud of his words. I held back a small smile, he was right.

—————-

We were now casually sitting at his dining table, drinking tea. The silence surrounding us wasn't uncomfortable in the slightest. It actually felt normal. The silence broke when Jaehyun pulled the small porcelain cup away from his lips to speak.

"So, Ms. Kang, wanna tell be about yourself?" He asked, like it was no big deal.

"How do you-" I began to question.

"The news, sweetheart. 'The stunningly beautiful Ms. Kang Y/N, founder and CEO of K Group,' it's hard to not know who you are," he said, placing his cup down.

He had a point. My life as a CEO is no secret, everyone knows who I am. The only thing the people don't know about me is what I do for a living outside of the company.

"Ah," I replied. "I almost forgot I'm famous," I said with a light chuckle.

He laughed in response.

"I suppose it's only fair you learn my name," he began. "I'm Jung Jaehyun," he said, extending his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Jung," I said, shaking his hand, although, I already knew his name.

"Please, call me by my first name, or Jae," he stated.

I nodded with a small smile.

"So, what exactly do you do?" I asked.

"Ah, I work as a bodyguard and secretary at my company. I'm close friends with the CEO, so I'm his right hand," he said, proudly.

"I see," I paused for a moment. "So at the shootout-"

"We got a call that a rival company would be planning an attack, we just didn't know it would be against yours," he said, trailing off.

"And the guns?" I questioned, lifting my brow.

"I could ask the same for you," he chucked.

"I work with the police department," we said in unison.

We looked at each other and smiled before continuing.

"Most of the men I was with worked with the police force and have been investigating the recent attacks on companies, so we were prepared the night of the shootout," he finished.

"Same here," I said awkwardly. "Except I have officers around me 24/7," I scoffed.

He laughed before looking at his watch.

"I have a meeting to attend to, but I'll be back soon. Please, make yourself at home and rest up. Your mansion should be repaired within a few days," he said, smiling.

I nodded and waved as he exited the kitchen and left through the large doors of the mansion. As he left, I began thinking back to the Shades and where they might be staying. More specifically, I was thinking of Tony and how he might be feeling.