057. one more night

I got a little carried away with this one... it's long and dramatic but actually kinda good (if I do say so myself)

3rd person pov:

The lodges were a very sketchy family, not to be trusted, that's for sure. Though Archie and the gang welcomed Veronica into their friend group with open arms. So far Veronica being in their group was nice, she was a useful addition to the group, since she was the only one not born and raised in Riverdale. Plus it gave the group another girl for Betty to hang out with, though Y/n still preferred hanging out with the boys.

Though there was of course, a downside to having Veronica there. She brought loads of drama, and Jughead seemed to dislike the girl very much. Y/n tried to reason with him, to get him to settle down a little, but nothing worked. It'd been over a year and Jug and Veronica still hadn't ended their on-and-off rivalry.

So when Veronica offered the four of them a weekend getaway at her family's cabin, he had his suspicions.

"What's in it for her?" The boy asked Y/n, while he was sitting in her room, watching her pack her bag for the weekend trip. She had yet to convince him to go, but either way she didn't want to miss out on the fun.

"Jughead she's just trying to be nice! Stop your conspiracies for one second and think about it logically. There's nothing in it for her besides a fun weekend with our friends. It's gonna be fine. So are you coming with me or not?" She asked, tilting his head up so he was forced to look at her, her stern Y/e/c eyes piercing into his.

"Fine. I'll go." She clapped her hands together in excitement, kissing his forehead and going back to packing her things.

24 hours later, at 11 am on that bright Saturday morning, they arrived at the breathtaking cabin Veronica wouldn't shut up about. Y/n's eyes sparkled as her mouth hung open, taking in the enormous house. They made their way inside, getting settled in and ready to start their mini-vacation.

The rest of the day was normal, nothing out of the ordinary. Though the tension between Veronica and Archie was clear, for Archie had locked lips with his blonde best friend only a few short weeks ago. Which was why Veronica left the boys and Y/n, and went out shopping, taking Betty with her, for Y/n didn't want to leave. Instead her and the boys stayed in, relaxing in the hot-tub Veronica was so insistent they used while they were up for the weekend.

It was dark outside as the five of them sat on the floor in the living room, playing a large game of monopoly on the coffee table. Betty was most likely going to win for she had the most money and properties in the game. Jughead, however wasn't going to let that happen, he was very competitive, and Y/n could already see the look in his eye, knowing he was going to try whatever it takes to win.

Y/n was the banker, so Jug saw this as his opportunity to steal some money from the 'bank', since he was running low. Y/n just smirked to herself, seeing what her boyfriend was doing, but not stopping him. He grabbed a few 10 monopoly dollars, trying to slide them over to his other side so he could keep it with his 'money', but unfortunately for him, he isn't as slick as he thought.

"Hey you're cheating!" Veronica yelled, pointing her finger aggressively at Jughead. Y/n looked up to see her genuinely mad.

"Veronica it's just a game-"

"No your boyfriend is a thief!" Y/n sighed to herself, knowing this would ruin their night, for Jug wouldn't be able to let it go.

"Oh wow Veronica you're really gonna go there? After all of the things your dad has done, everything he's stolen from us, from my family specifically, you're gonna get mad over a game of monopoly? That's just-" He rambled, his rant being cut short by his girlfriend putting her hand over his mouth, dragging him down so his head was near her chest, as a way to calm him down.