042. distant [02]

I have no knowledge on how hospitals actually work, so this may not be completely accurate

Jughead's pov:

~The hospital~

We finally make it to the hospital, Y/n still dangling in my arms.

"Please, someone help!" I yell as we burst through the doors. The hospital was fairly empty, the nearby doctors, rushing over to us with a stretcher. I place Y/n down as they wheel her away, the nurse staying to ask questions.

"So what exactly happened?"

"She um...She tried to... in sweetwater river." The nurse nods sympathetically, knowing exactly what I was trying to say. She asked for the rest of her information then informed us,

"There's no telling how long this will take, but you're welcome to wait here." We nodded and sat down in the waiting room.

"Jug, why don't you go home and get changed? You heard her, this could take hours."

"No! I'm staying here with Y/n." From the corner of my eye, I see them all look at each other.

"Jug, what if she's-"

"She's not! She's not! She... can't be." I say through tears. I see them exchange looks again and next thing I know, they're sitting next to me, hugging me and trying to comfort me. It was meant as a kind gesture, but it made me feel really weird.

"I'm gonna go call her parents." I say, pushing them off of me and walking to the phone. After 3 rings, someone answers.

"Hello?" A voice says, it's her mother.

"Hi, Ms. Y/l/n. It's Jughead. We're at the hospital right now, something happened to Y/n-" I manage before my voice cracks.

"I'll be there in 15" I turn and walk back to my friends.

~3 hours later~

The hospital waiting room was packed. For an introverted weirdo, Y/n sure had a lot of people here for her. Her parents, her countless numbers of cousins, people from school came, people who Y/n never once spoke to, hell even Cheryl came.

"Y/n L/n?" A nurse asked, coming out of the hallway, several people stood up, startling the nurse.

"She'll only see you." She said pointing towards me. I glanced to Archie, Betty and Veronica, the three of them telling me to go. All eyes were on me as I left the waiting room, following behind the nurse. She led me through the hallway, down to room number 4507 (sorry, I had to) where Y/n was.

As I entered the room, I saw a gut wrenching sight. Y/n, her hands strapped down to the sides of the bed, machines beeping all around her, and a breathing tube hooked up to her nose. Her eyes were slightly open, though she seemed extremely tired.

"Hi Juggie" She smiles at me, something I was afraid I'd never see again.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" I asked, sitting in the chair next to her. She shifted uncomfortably under the restraints.

"I'm fine." She pulled and pulled, wanting to get out of the restraints that held her down to the bed. I stayed silent, not having a clue what to say. I was angry at her, why would she do that? Didn't she know how much I love her? I was angry at myself, feeling completely responsible for this entire thing. But mostly I was scared, scared of what would have happened if I didn't save her, scared of losing her, scared that I was losing everything.

"I would hug you, but I can't move" she said through teary eyes. I knew that was her way of asking for a hug, she was never very subtle. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her, in that very moment appreciating her, all of her. The warmth, the life in her body, the way her Y/h/c hair messily fell backwards, how her Y/e/c eyes sparkled in the light, the way she smelled, like cookies and lavender, all at once.

"The fact that you're alive, is a miracle." I whispered into her shoulder.

"I didn't want you to save me"

"You don't mean that. Y/n, I don't know what I would do without you. I'm never leaving your side again. Every time you go somewhere, I'm coming. I'll put a tracker in your phone, I'll put a chip in your neck, I don't care. Just please, promise me you won't do it again?" She looks at me, the expression on her face unreadable.

"What about you and Betty?"

"For god sakes Y/n! There is NOTHING between me and Betty, you're just being paranoid." She looks down, again being unreadable. Did she believe me? I stood back up, walking over to the bed and grabbing her face.

"I love you!" I yelled aggressively and kissed her.

"I love you too."

"And, I promise to be a little more considerate with your feelings, I'll make you my number one priority." As I said that, the nurse came back in, basically kicking me out, saying how Y/n needs her rest.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I kissed her head and stuck my beanie on her head, then turning to walk out of the room.

"You're leaving me with your beanie?"

"Yeah, you need it more than I do." I smirked and left the room, immediately putting my hood up.

A/n: I really don't like how part 2 came out. What do you guys think? (Be honest)