041. distant

Requested by: @-enchantedspells

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING: Suicide. Nothing too graphic, but very intense.

Written with Y/n L/n.

Y/n's pov:

I walk down the halls of Riverdale High, my headphones blaring music in my ears and blocking out the world around me. I pass by Veronica and Betty, who both give me death glares. I shrugged it off, used to it by now. There was a rumor that spread across school that I used my friendship with Betty, Archie, Veronica, and Jughead, just for popularity. Of course it wasn't true, I would never. Though everyone believed it, everyone except Jug. He knew who I was and tried to convince the others, but in the end he was the only one who stuck by my side.

Archie was a different story though. Me and Arch had been friends since the beginning of time, yet he didn't hesitate to ditch me when the rumors started spreading. Deep down I know he wanted to side with me, but since he was dating Veronica, he sided with her, leaving me friendless. Though I still had Jug, which was what kept me going. I approached his locker, where he was shoving his books in it quickly.

"Hey Jug, what's up?" He turned his head and smiled slightly when he saw me.

"Y/n, I have to go, but I'll see you at lunch, okay?" He slammed his locker shut and walked away. I stood there, partially stunned. He didn't even say hello, I usually get a good-morning kiss, at least.

"Move, freak" Reggie yells, pushing me into the lockers behind me. You'd think that there'd be a school rule against hitting girls, not at Riverdale High. I shook it off, walking to my first class, right as the bell rung.

~Lunch~

It was a sunny day, though not hot, which I was thankful for. I grabbed my lunch and headed to the outside seating area, which was the go-to place today. I glanced around, looking for my beanie-wearing boyfriend and getting several dirty looks.

"Y/n, hey." Someone says, tapping on my shoulder, scaring the life out of me. I spin around to see the boy I was just looking for.

"Hey Juggie, are we sitting at our regular spot by the tree or somewhere else? Honestly I think-"

"Y/n, that's what I wanted to tell you. I can't make it to lunch, I have plans with Betty." My mouth practically hung open, though I was hoping he didn't notice. Why would he do anything with Betty Cooper? Not to mention he blew me off earlier, claiming 'I'll see you at lunch'

"What kind of plans?"

"Oh, you know. Just stuff for the Blue and Gold, nothing special." He said, almost refusing to make eye-contact with me. From a distance I hear his name being called, of course Betty's interupting our conversation.

"Bye Y/n." He ran off to meet Betty, leaving me clueless and hurt.

~The week after~

It had only gotten worse from there. He blew me off every single day, saying things like 'It's for the Blue and Gold' and 'I'm writing an article on [Insert random topic] and I need to do research' or 'I need some time alone to work on my novel'. It was bullshit. Complete bullshit. There was no article, he got plenty of time alone to write, he was lying. He was lying, and he was distant and he was loveless. It was over, and I was done.

Jughead's pov:

Y/n's been ignoring my texts and calls all morning, which was fair considering I was shunning her all week. Homeroom came around, but I skipped since homeroom is pointless. I was a man on a mission, I needed to find Y/n and apologize for being such a jerk. I pass the classrooms, each of the windows revealing kids doing many things, paying attention was not one of them. I get to Ms. Whittaker's room, Y/n's homeroom teacher. My eyes scan the room, looking for her, but her seat is empty. That's odd. Y/n would never miss school, and if she did, she'd tell me, even if she was mad at me.