043. spark

pairing: Jughead x Y/n L/n
requested by: miss_m60

I decided not to name the brother in this, so you can just pick your brother's name

( 3rd person pov: )

"Y/b/n, I'm home!" I called upstairs. My brother was undoubtedly upstairs playing whatever video game he was obsessed with this week.

"Y/n. Hi!" He yelled, running down the stairs full speed, his brown hair flying around his head. He ran off the stairs, towards me, engulfing me in a hug.

"Why are so disgustingly happy?" I asked, shoving him off of me. He was 2 years younger than me, but stronger and taller, making the hug extremely forceful.

"I don't know, I just am I guess."

"Well stop, you're making me uncomfortable. I'm gonna head to bed, see you in the morning. And I better not have to wake your ass up again. You have an alarm clock, use it!" I said as I walked up the stairs into my bedroom and locked the door. I stood in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. My work uniform covered in grease, my raven hair in a messy bun, and my usually bright blue eyes accented with purple bags. If only I could work at Pop's, it'd be so much closer to home, making my late hours seem a little bit more bearable. But I have to suck it up and work at Benny's in centerville, a few towns over, that way nobody I know will come in and notice me. I removed my uniform and threw on my pajamas, prepared for a long, peaceful night's rest.

~Later~

"Y/n, Y/n!" Someone whispers. I open my eyes to see my room, pitch black, with Y/b/n standing over me.

"It happened again." He said, out of breath. His nightmares have gotten worse since we moved to Riverdale.

"Alright, come on" I moved the blanket and he crawled under. So much for my peaceful sleep.

~The next day~

I was incredibly tired the next morning, Y/b/n tossed and turned all night, making my sleep far from peaceful.

"Oh, hey Y/n" Betty smiled, approaching me. After I transferred to Riverdale High, Betty and Veronica adopted me into their friend group, which was fine, except for one exception: Jughead Jones. Jughead hated me, as I did him, there was no reason for it, our rivalry just... started.

"Hey Betts. What's going on today, anything interesting?"

"No, not really. We're planning on going to Pop's after school, since we haven't spent much time together lately, maybe do some studying. Wanna come?"

"Sure, why not?"

~Lunch~

I gave Y/b/n the last of my spending money for lunch, meaning I didn't have cash for lunch, and I wouldn't be caught dead asking someone for money. I followed after Veronica while she got her lunch, eventually making our way to the lunch table.

"Hey Betty, hey Archiekins" Veronica said, taking a seat on the opposite side of the table from them, me taking the seat next to her.

"Hello to you too Veronica" Jughead sarcastically remarked, grabbing the bag of chips off of Archie's plate. Jughead was the 'eater', the one that stole everyone's food, and was always hungry. Though he knew never to even touch my plate, if he didn't want to get his hand ripped off.

"Did you hear what Cheryl did in math today?" Betty practically yelled with excitement. I tuned out the rest of the conversation from there, knowing it was only about gossip, something I never cared about.