048. protected you

A/n: I edited Jason's death scene a bit, please don't come at me, I know what I did.

3rd person pov:

"Here goes nothing" Betty says to the group as she plugs in the flashdrive they found in Jason's jacket. Betty, Archie, Veronica, Jughead and Kevin all sat on the couch in Archie's garage, anticipating what they were going to find. The only person from their friend group missing, was Y/n, Archie's little sister. She was a year younger, but completely mature, which is why she fit in so well with the group. The only thing that made her different from them was her major anxiety, which is why they kept her out of the Jason investigation. It was mostly Jughead's rule, for he had started dating her months before, and ultimately fallen head over heels for the girl. Archie was a tad weirded out at first, but he ultimately got over himself and accepted them.

The video that popped up on Betty's laptop was daunting. Jason Blossom, tied to a chair, bloody and screaming for his life, though the cloth tied around his mouth made it hard for him to speak. Then, from the corner of the screen, Clifford Blossom, his father, emerges with a gun in his hand and a murderous look on his face. Clifford walks over, steals the infamous engagement ring right out of Jason's pocket, and shoves it in his own. And with one final look, raises the gun to Jason's head, pulling the trigger and killing him.

"Is that-" Someone asks, their voice layered with fear. Everyone's heads shot up to see Y/n, standing with tears streaming down her face, and her hand covering her mouth, in attempt to muffle the sobs coming from her throat. Naturally, both Archie and Jughead, who are both equally protective over her, hop over the sides of the couch, trying to shield her from the horror, though it was too late, she had seen the whole thing. Jug engulfed her in a hug, burring her head into his chest. The rest of the group took the hint and left, leaving Archie and Jug still standing in the garage with a crying Y/n.

"It's ok. It'll be ok." Jug whispers into her hair, while rubbing her back. She often had crying spells, where she would break down, but Jughead was always the one there to help her through them.

"I'll leave you two." Archie says, rubbing Y/n's back once and closing the garage door.

"Baby, are you alright?" 

"I'm ok. That was just... A lot." She sniffles, untucking herself from his grip.

"I know, it's my fault though."

"No, it's not. Why would it be your fault." He sighs and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear, looking into her eyes, that were still red and puffy from crying.

"I should have protected you better."

"I don't need protecting" He laughed at her, bringing her back into his arms.

"Yes you do" Y/n sighed sadly, facing the realization

"Yes, I do"

A/n: I don't like this. Though it's nice to write short, cute imagines, I haven't done that in a while.