030. us against the world

A/n: This is another request from miss_m60

This is based off the song 'Afterglow' by Taylor Swift.

Pairing: Jughead x Sadie

3rd person pov:

Jughead Jones sat at the Whyte Wyrm, his gray crown beanie tossed carelessly on the bar in front of him and his head in his hands. How could this happen? How could he let this happen? How could his mother become a drug queenpin? How could Penny Peabody completely ruin his life? While he sat at the bar, trying to make sense of things, his girlfriend Sadie walked in, looking for her beanie wearing lover.

"Juggie! I've been looking everywhere for you" She said, genuine concern in her voice.

"What's wrong? What happened?" She asked when the boy didn't answer.

"It's everything Sadie. My mom, Penny, the serpents. I was such an idiot to think that I could stop them. My mom's supplying drugs for the entire town, Penny still wants our blood, and the serpents are getting to be too much to handle. And I'm the one to blame." He sighed, running his hands through his hair, the purple bags under his eyes quite noticeable.

"Listen, it's not on you, you did everything you could. We'll just have to stick together, I promise you, it'll be fine in the end. Us against the world." For a second, he wanted to believe her. But then the realization dawned on him that all good things come to an end, even Sadie.

"Until what? Until you leave me for somebody else, somebody better, like Reggie or Archie? What then? Is it still going to be us against the world? You live in a world of cupcakes and rainbows. Wake up. Life sucks, and nothing lasts forever. Stop being so optimistic." Jug spat, leaving Sadie in tears once more. He snapped at her often, due to the stress he was constantly under, though this time he was harsher, like he had given up on everything, even her.

She turned around and ran out of the bar, Jughead still calling her name, realizing what he'd done. She turned into the alley behind the Wyrm, the one that was a shortcut to her house. She sat on the ground, leaning her head against the brick wall. Why would he even suggest that she was going to leave him? Is that what he wanted? Did she really live in a fantasy world? Seconds later Jughead came running around the back to the alley, knowing exactly which path she takes to get home. He looked at the girl that was crying on the ground, knowing that he was to blame for her tears. She hadn't done anything to him except try to help.

"Sadie, I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean that." Sadie looked up at the boy, her gorgeous blue eyes flooded with tears. He helps her off the ground, coming face to face with her. The pain on her face was visible, and it was excruciating to see her so low.

"I know."

"I'm losing my mind. I've gone completely insane. I understand if you don't want to ever speak to me again." He mumbled, not even able to look her in the eyes.

"Hey. We're in this together, and you're not insane. I'm not going to leave you, especially not for someone else, because there is nobody better than you. I'll love you till the day I die Jughead Jones, you're not getting rid of me that easy." She laughed, making the boy smile, something that was uncommon lately.

"I love you" He said, tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear.

"I love you too" He pulled her in for a kiss, the chemistry between them sparking as usual. Once they pulled away, he picked her up in a hug and spun her around just like a little kid, making her giggle hysterically. He put her down carefully, both of them out of breath from laughing.

"Us against the world." She whispered, putting her forehead on his. He nodded and repeated her,