059. new year, new promises

A/n: I really wanted to write this on new years eve, so here we are (it's 9:30 pm while I'm starting this, on new years eve- let's hope I finish it in time)

3rd person pov:

New years eve- a time for people to party and celebrate the end to another year. This year, Archie Andrews and his friends were ringing in the new year at the Andrews' house. Actually- half the school was. Fred was hosting a small get-together at Andrews construction- which left Archie the whole house to himself. Well to him and his sister, Y/n.

So he decided to invite the entire school, to a new years eve party, though Y/n was against the idea. She simply wanted to ring in the new year with her best friend (and boyfriend) Jughead Jones.

Though Archie didn't care.

So here they all were, Archie sipping a beer with Reggie, Betty and Veronica dancing it up to some awful song that was blasting through the speakers, making the house shake, and Cheryl was off somewhere- no doubt making out with Toni.

Jughead however, was chatting with Sweetpea and Fangs, who was joined by Kevin, while Y/n was curled into his side, fast asleep, ignoring the loud music and drunk teens. Jug found it adorable, the warmth of her body pressed up against his, and the vibration of her small snores, vibrating against his ribs. His arm was around her, securing her from moving around, so she could stay asleep, while he casually continued his conversation.

Time flew by and next thing was to be heard was the crowd screaming:

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3... 2... 1- HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

As the crowd yelled, Y/n stirred, waking up abruptly. Jug turned to her, laughing at her confusion. Despite her sleepy state, he cupped her face in his hands, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"Morning" He smiled, to which she just groaned, laying back on his chest. "Alright sleepy girl come on"

He waved goodbye to a few of his friends, leading his girlfriend upstairs. They walked into her room, as he shut the door, shutting out all the noise. He lay back on her bed, holding up the blanket for her to climb in. She groaned once more, not minding she was still fully dressed and climbing under the covers.

"Come on, I'll keep you warm."

"is this why fate brought us together? So we could cuddle endlessly?" She laughed, nuzzling her face into his neck.

"Obviously"

They stayed like that for a while, completely forgetting it was a new year.

"Hey Y/n?" He whispered, not being able to tell if she was awake or fast asleep. She hummed in response, too tired to form words.

"I'm gonna make this year perfect for you- I promise"

And he kept that promise.

A/n: I finished this at 11:59 but its already 2021. I love you all thank you for making my 2020 amazing, I hope you stay with me for the new year.

Sorry this was SUPER rushed